Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with pixels on screen & explorer.exe on vista - fz21s!!!

krzysztoftura
Visitor

Problems with pixels on screen & explorer.exe on vista - fz21s!!!

Hello!
Firstly i want to say hello to all vaio users, because i'm new :slight_smile:

In december i bought my FZ21S.
In generally great great computer, but i've got few problems.

First:
Screen - when i turned the screen to all black, or gray.. it appears, a lot of small green and red dots. This is not a whole pixel, but about half of pixel.. really quite small, but it's visible. It's about 20-30 dots in whole screen.. and i don't think it's ok.
It also appers, when there are black fonts on white screen, sometimes they've got like a red outline from outside..
I've got question, if anybode have the same problem, and if service will get it as a stuck pixel, because, like i say - it's smaller than one pixel .. it's difficult to explain, but i hope that you will understand.

Second:
I've got of course vista, and i got a problem with explorer.exe .. every day.. after about few hours of working, explorer crashed.. it appers, that all icons in bottom bar, chaged plases, the watch icons from notification area dissapers.. only way to turn it back, is to go to task manager, kill explorer process, and after turn new prosecc explorer.. than every thing goes good, for another few hours.

Thank you for all comments, and helps, i will be very greatful!
Peace and love! chris

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club,
For your second problem I would download this brilliant program 30 days for free called Tune-Up Utilities from hereand do all it reccommends especially the registry defragmentation. It sounds like you are downloading updates that are not settling in well which might be because your system needs defragmenting after all the orphaned files have been fostered out.
As for your second problem I beleive dead pixels are not covered under warranty but as you have so many it may be worth contacted Vaio Link and starting a casehere They should fix it if you insist it was like that from day one.

Gesmi
Visitor

My suggestion to the Explorer problem would be little bit off-topic. :cool:

Start using other browser than Explorer! Try Firefox or Opera. It's free, is faster and much better. I am using firefox for more than 3 years and I cant be more satisfied!

krzysztoftura
Visitor

Hi Gesmi! You make mistake, because i'm taking not about file browser called 'explorer' ..
Try to make ctrl+alt+del and kill process named 'explorer' - and than you will see what happend :slight_smile: And of course i'm using Firefox! Greetings

Hi TonyBeard! Thanks for solutions, but.. i've install this software, i made all test, fix all suggested problems, and.. it's still the same. So the problem should be somewhere else..
But for now, it's not important, i made a case in vaio support, and tommorow, i should send my computer to service to germany.. so we will see what will happend with screen.

So thank you for now, and i will be informing you later what happend, and if vista problem will still be!

Thanks & Peace! chris

profile.country.GB.title
rigrant20
Explorer

I have the same problem on a SVZ1311 which is a £2,000 model. This pixel smudge is increasing and I have had to use a separate screen to work with as I have about 15% of my screen covererd in this pixel smudging. I frankly think it is a design flaw in the screens which I believe are made by Toshiba.