Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with USB TV tuner on my PCV-V1/G

fatgaz
Visitor

Problems with USB TV tuner on my PCV-V1/G

Hi

I bought a Pinnacle duo tuner to work with my Viao but even though it installs and works, the picture keeps freezing and juttering! It says that i have a good enough system spec, so why does it do it?!! I have tried buying another tuner but the same thing happens, although in a different way - the other one worked fine but froze for 2 mins every 12 mins!! Hugely frustrating!

Any help would be gratefully received!

Cheers

G

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Have you got a good aerial? You get the sort of problems you're describing with digital tuners if the aerial isn't up to scratch.

kee-lo_

I have to agree with Rob, when we get heavy rain we get that symtom.

fatgaz
Visitor

Hi Guys

Thanks for coming back. Re ariel, have a pretty decent one and it delivers fine pictures via gigapocket for the standard channels. Do you think i may still need an ariel booster? Would that do the trick do you think?

Thanks once again

Cheers

Gareth

robpaxton
Explorer

Gigapocket is analogue so you can get away with a less good aerial. I would try the system with your main home aerial to see if it's the problem.

kee-lo_

You can get a digital ariel now, but when we asked for a quote it was £139 to have fitted.

robpaxton
Explorer

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a functional difference between a digital/analogue aerial. Perhaps it just has greater gain . . . .

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like you have a Video Overlay problem to me.

There is a control panel with the card I use (WinTV Nova-T-USB2). I would contact Pinnacle support to see if a similar function exists for your tuner.

:wink:

kee-lo_

Rob to be honest with you I think they were trying to rip us off, that's why I said politely "we'll think about it"