Join now - be part of our community!

Probs uploading photos to VGF-AP1L from Canon Ixus 30

HazDav
Visitor

Probs uploading photos to VGF-AP1L from Canon Ixus 30

Dear Anyone..

Can't seem to load photos from Canon Ixus 30 to VGF-AP1L... assume that, according to the instructions, it doesn't support this camera as an error message comes up on the personal player when connected.

Any ideas how I can get my photos (already on PC) onto player? Have Canon photo platform but cannot see way to do it. Would it work similar to music (ie K drive?)...

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I'm not sure. Do you connect you Digicam with the VP via USB cable?

Maybe you must activate the "PTP" mode for the USB connection. Then your Digicam is like a TWAIN device and not more a Digicam. But I'm not sure wheter this helps.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Good point Seb.

I've found that I can't get my machine to recognise the camera if I use a USB cable. Works fine with iLink cable though.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Mmmh, I have no problems. But my digital camera is from Sony(I don't have a VP)

But I have noticed that with activated PTP mode, that windows ask me whether I will import the pictures. Because it open the assist for Scanner and Camera devices.

If I use the normal USB-mode, it starts the autostart and ask me what I will do with the memory stick.

I have also noticed that the import via USB cable, is faster as via Memory Stick slot. I think the reason is, that my build in MemoryStick slot is only MemoryStickPro suitable. But it's not a real MemoryStickPro slot. Or the reason is it runs via adapter. Because I use an MemoryStickDuoPro. (oops, out of topic)

DiabloVaio
Visitor

I have a FujiFilm Finepix F610 and it works great with VP.
When you connect your camera to your PC, does it come up as a mass storage device? If not, don't think about connecting it to VP.
If you want to transfer your pictures to your VP, first I recommend to read the manual of VP, then I recommend search this forum and find lots of threads with this subject.
But for a quick tip, if you want to be able to see your pics on your VP, you have to create folders like this on your VP's HDD photo folder : "USER-XXX" (you have to name the folder like this, cause VP won't recognise it if you put any name. XXX is a number (000-999))
Good Luck:smileygood_luck: