Join now - be part of our community!

Questions about Windows Vista Express Update

Dephased
Visitor

Questions about Windows Vista Express Update

Hey all,

I completed the Express Upgrade process for Windows Vista on: vista.vaio-link.com. After completing the process, I received an e-mail asking for two documents to be sent:
- A redemption form
- A proof of purchase

I would have two questions concerning these documents please:
- What is the redemption form? I am not sure I have this document
- Can I send these two documents through the e-mail address provided in the e-mail (MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com) or do I have to send them by post?

Best regards,

D.

34 REPLIES 34
l.rabaglia
Visitor

up

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

redemption form....something like this maybe...google a bit next time... :wink: Oh it has something to do with your vista coupon you probably got....guess you didnt read info when you went trough procedure....

Dephased
Visitor

Hey,
Actually I did not get any VISTA coupon. I went through the whole procedure and did not see anything of the sort. Can you tell me where I should get such a coupon? Is it supposed to be specific to my request or I can get a general one and fill it up?

Thanks.

moaiddip
Visitor

Ciao,

I've got the same problem. I've bought my Vaio from USA (through Germany) and in the package there was no redemption form. I fulfill all criteria to get free Vista upgrade (date of purchase, Vista Premium Ready) but - first of all - there is no possibility to ship Vista to Poland - and second - I do not have this redemtion form. Is there any chance to get the upgrade?

flyingdodo2005
Visitor

Hey,
I also recently completed the Express Upgrade to Vista process but have yet to even recieve a confirmation email. How long did it take for them to email you?

Cheers

Dephased
Visitor

Hey,

Took them a couple days to send me a mail to tell me that I had to send the documents to their office to validate the process.

Did you get an "Order confirmation number" during your express upgrade process by the way?

flyingdodo2005
Visitor

Hey,
Yes i did recieve an "Order confirmation number" during the process. Is that number any use? I have tried to contact sony a number of times and nobody knows anything about it.

Have you had any luck locating the paperwork you should return to them yet?

Cheers

richko
Visitor

Sad to say I have the same problem. Bought my Notebook a month ago. I have not found a redemption form. I tried to mail moduslink - no reply.
Then again I will send a proof of purchase and see what will happen. :devil:

bluefoam
Visitor

I bought a Media Centre laptop about 3 weeks ago & Media Centre won't play DVD's no matter what fixes I have attempted. I have been able to watch my DVD's through Nero, but that's not why I spent my money on a MC machine.

I decided to upgrade to Vista, thinking that this should sort out my problems, however the upgrade website says I need the following:

have your Certificate of Authenticity (COA) number (14 digits) readily available. (no idea what this is or where to find it)
-Please provide your Computer vendors Windows Vista Capable PC Model and Model number
-Please have your PC serial number readily available

I have also been informed that in order to complete the process I will need to post the following to Microsoft:
- A redemption form (never heard of this & don't know where to get it)
- A proof of purchase (I am very lucky I kept the pro forma invoice, I bought on-line so have no other proof of purchase)

The Microsoft site will only recognise the American model numbers for my particular PC, so I used the portal on the Sony site.

In spite of this I began the upgrade process & where it asks me to choose my existing operating system , it gives a blank box & I cannot get any further with the process.

There is no information with the laptop regarding the current OS or any upgrade, do you think Microsoft are trying to make it exceedingly difficult for people to upgrade for free in the hope that they will buy a licence or new PC at a later date?

Anyone experienced similar trouble?