Join now - be part of our community!

Questions about Windows Vista Express Update

Dephased
Visitor

Questions about Windows Vista Express Update

Hey all,

I completed the Express Upgrade process for Windows Vista on: vista.vaio-link.com. After completing the process, I received an e-mail asking for two documents to be sent:
- A redemption form
- A proof of purchase

I would have two questions concerning these documents please:
- What is the redemption form? I am not sure I have this document
- Can I send these two documents through the e-mail address provided in the e-mail (MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com) or do I have to send them by post?

Best regards,

D.

34 REPLIES 34
Dephased
Visitor

Just to mention that I contacted Moduslink and Sony about the redemption form for Windows Vista and no answer from either of them so far.

If anyone manages to to get its hand on a redemption form (and did not have it when receiving the laptop), let us know!

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

no redemption form is needed for a Sony upgrade.
I will ask the necessary people to contact Mosulink to change their email content. This is what happens if you have Microsoft dictating everything. They usually screw it up.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
flyingdodo2005
Visitor

Hi Nico,
So to be 100% clear, does that mean once i have completed the Vista Upgrade registration process and recieved my order confirmation i do not need to do ANYTHING else? I do not have to send my reciept for my VAIO? It will be forwarded to me when it becomes available?

Thanks
Steve

bluefoam
Visitor

When I try to upgrade here:
http://vista.vaio-link.com/vaiovista.html?lang=en
It won't allow me to choose my current operating system...
I cannot get any further in the precess.

When I try to upgrade here:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?template_id=1&info_id=137
It does not give my product number (they seem to be american only)

bluefoam
Visitor

I just figured out the problem, the site does not work for Ireland, but it works if I choose UK as my location.

What a kick in the balls, am I not good enough to apply for my copy at the same time as other nationalities?:

Surely they should just put a post on the site saying 'no Irish'...

thephongh
Visitor

Hello,

I followed all the instructions, but at the end, a payment of 23.92 euros is requested!!! Is it true? Everybody has to pay this? It is not 100% free? :slight_frown:

twicer
Visitor

shipping cost

budgetmil
Visitor

For me it was 20.00 euros of shipping cost. I faxed the proof of purchase and paid by wire transfer last week and no news since... Maybe I just have to wait for the shipment ? Moduslink should at least inform the customer when they receive the documents/payments !

Dephased
Visitor

Hey Budgetmil,

How did you manage to get the infos for the payment? I don't remember having provided my credit card info (perhaps I forgot I did it) or being asked for the payment (although it does say I have to pay 20+ euros for shipping costs).

Thanks!

JamieM
Visitor

I just figured out the problem, the site does not work for Ireland, but it works if I choose UK as my location. 

What a kick in the balls, am I not good enough to apply for my copy at the same time as other nationalities?:

Surely they should just put a post on the site saying 'no Irish'...

I am also from Ireland and having the same problem.
We should IMO just be able to get the free upgrade from the place we bought the laptop, because this all just seems like a big mess.