Join now - be part of our community!

Questions about Windows Vista Express Update

Dephased
Visitor

Questions about Windows Vista Express Update

Hey all,

I completed the Express Upgrade process for Windows Vista on: vista.vaio-link.com. After completing the process, I received an e-mail asking for two documents to be sent:
- A redemption form
- A proof of purchase

I would have two questions concerning these documents please:
- What is the redemption form? I am not sure I have this document
- Can I send these two documents through the e-mail address provided in the e-mail (MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com) or do I have to send them by post?

Best regards,

D.

34 REPLIES 34
stevie_901
Visitor

it wont work for me, i try to enter any of the options for payment and it wont work!

i put debit card, i doesnt have my card type even on there :devil:

i do wire tranfser, gets error thing,

it wont let me do it!

i hate microsoft argh

otaku
Visitor

no redemption form is needed for a Sony upgrade.
I will ask the necessary people to contact Mosulink to change their email content. This is what happens if you have Microsoft dictating everything. They usually screw it up.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
Nico

Do we still need to send the proof of purchace then?

JamieM
Visitor

Is there any other way to pay other then via the internet? Because I am not comfortable paying using this method. I know other people won't like paying over the internet either.

stevie_901
Visitor

Is there any other way to pay other then via the internet? Because I am not comfortable paying using this method. I know other people won't like paying over the internet either.

:smileygrin: same, only other way is a cheque... which i dont want to send half way over the world, to get a :smileygrin: upgrade which might not be as good as is said... but thats microsoft being awakward to work with as useuall :tongue:

djrayon
Visitor

I bought a Media Centre laptop about 3 weeks ago & Media Centre won't play DVD's no matter what fixes I have attempted. I have been able to watch my DVD's through Nero, but that's not why I spent my money on a MC machine.

I decided to upgrade to Vista, thinking that this should sort out my problems, however the upgrade website says I need the following:

have your Certificate of Authenticity (COA) number (14 digits) readily available. (no idea what this is or where to find it)
-Please provide your Computer vendors Windows Vista Capable PC Model and Model number
-Please have your PC serial number readily available

I have also been informed that in order to complete the process I will need to post the following to Microsoft:
- A redemption form (never heard of this & don't know where to get it)
- A proof of purchase (I am very lucky I kept the pro forma invoice, I bought on-line so have no other proof of purchase)

The Microsoft site will only recognise the American model numbers for my particular PC, so I used the portal on the Sony site.

In spite of this I began the upgrade process & where it asks me to choose my existing operating system , it gives a blank box & I cannot get any further with the process.

There is no information with the laptop regarding the current OS or any upgrade, do you think Microsoft are trying to make it exceedingly difficult for people to upgrade for free in the hope that they will buy a licence or new PC at a later date?

Anyone experienced similar trouble?

Same here! ... and im very angry because of it. DAMN WHY CANT I GET IT WHEN THEY PROMISED TO GIVE IT !!!

When i enter Finland as current location it gives me choices but when i choose estonia ... blank boxes

bluefoam
Visitor

That is exactly what I see.

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

I just figured out the problem, the site does not work for Ireland, but it works if I choose UK as my location. 

What a kick in the balls, am I not good enough to apply for my copy at the same time as other nationalities?:

Surely they should just put a post on the site saying 'no Irish'...

I am also from Ireland and having the same problem.
We should IMO just be able to get the free upgrade from the place we bought the laptop, because this all just seems like a big mess.

Yup, I'm Irish too, no joy here either. Well by the time we get our copies of Vista, any bugs or issues should be ironed out :wink:

djrayon
Visitor

I just figured out the problem, the site does not work for Ireland, but it works if I choose UK as my location. 

What a kick in the balls, am I not good enough to apply for my copy at the same time as other nationalities?:

Surely they should just put a post on the site saying 'no Irish'...

I am also from Ireland and having the same problem.
We should IMO just be able to get the free upgrade from the place we bought the laptop, because this all just seems like a big mess.

Yup, I'm Irish too, no joy here either. Well by the time we get our copies of Vista, any bugs or issues should be ironed out :wink:

how long will the "give-away" work?
will we get our vista for sure or does sony just crosses us out by region?!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Probably 30 days after the end of the deal.

djrayon
Visitor

Probably 30 days after the end of the deal.

what deal? so i we dont have much time left?
okey ... if we dont have much time left then why isnt the webpage working and why cant we order it 😞