Join now - be part of our community!

RAM shows only 128 MB but 1024 MB installed

gacino
Visitor

RAM shows only 128 MB but 1024 MB installed

:tongue: I have upgraded to 1024 MB RAM but the System shows only 128 MB. I tested with Tweak, tune-up etc. - it just shows 128 MB. I checked also the hardware. Can anyone help?
Maroni

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:tongue: I have upgraded to 1024 MB RAM but the System shows only 128 MB. I tested with Tweak, tune-up etc. - it just shows 128 MB. I checked also the hardware. Can anyone help?

Hi Maroni,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Did you replace the original memory modules or just add some more RAM?

Also what Vaio model do you have.

gacino
Visitor

Hi Maroni,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Did you replace the original memory modules or just add some more RAM?

Also what Vaio model do you have.

gacino
Visitor

:tongue: Hi Thalamus,

I have the model Vaio PCV-RSM22 (2,8 Ghz P4/HT).
We replaced the original memory and added 1x 512 MB und 2 x 256 MB, so 1024 MB. The funny story is that Sony Diagnostic shows me 1280 MB but all otherDiagnostic Tools 128 MB!
In any way I want to upgrade now fully to 2048 MB. Can you advice me please what Moduls to buy?
According to Sony it must be 333 Mhz DDR-DIMM!
Anyway thanks for your assistance!
Maroni

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think the problem is you've mixed memory, try with just the 1x512MB

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm not sure if the memory in your model is paired - you may need all modules the same,

Have a look here for compatible modules:

CRUCIAL

At a guess, you probably need 4 X 512MB DDR PC3200 DDR400

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This particular model has 4 banks of 1 which means that you can install one module at time but for best performance they should be paired. The anomaly with reported memory may possibly be caused by the fact that the modules are not paired but I am surmising here….

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat