Join now - be part of our community!

Recordnow cant see Internal DVD Recorder device

geebee.uk
Visitor

Recordnow cant see Internal DVD Recorder device

Hi,

just went to use RecordNow on my VAIO FS215B laptop to burn a data disk and it doesnt detect the Pioneer Dual Layer DVD Burner. Im sure that this was working previously, maybe as a result of some recent MS updates? Anyway, I have reinstalled the software (Sonic) from VAIO recovery tool and still it doesnt work.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Is this a known problem?

Please advise as I need to burn a data disk for my daughter for the weekend.

Thanks.

Glenn.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Glen and welcome to the forum.

Is the DVD drive recognized in Device Manager and if so is there an error message with code?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
geebee.uk
Visitor

Hi Rich,

thanks for the greetings.

The drive is recognised as a Pioneer DVR-K15, and I have successfully used the drive before and indeed recently with another application. Its just that Sonic Recordnow wont see the drive.

I have registered on the Sonic website and tried to download the latest engine but I dont have a password and all attempts to get the site to generate one and email it me fails! Not a very good site :cry:

I have also now removed all other apps that may have installed their own packet writing drivers to try and eliminate that.

But still no joy, I'm gonna reboot to see if that has any effect.

Glenn.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have reinstalled the software (Sonic) from VAIO recovery tool and still it doesnt work.

Did you uninstall the application before re-installing?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
geebee.uk
Visitor

Hi,

its all sorted now.

I did uninstall before reinstalling, but that didnt fix it. I googled for the error mesage that was shown and found someone with the same problem on a HP laptop, different burner but same error. There was also a direct link to the updated sonic burn engine that didnt need a login. I downloaded this, installed, rebooted and its working.

I can only guess that there have been some XP files that have been updated with XP patches otherwise a reinstall of the app should have worked ok.

Glenn.