Join now - be part of our community!

Recovering Sony drivers

XavierVincent
Visitor

Recovering Sony drivers

Hello there,

I wish I could have some help or better, technical support to recover Sony drivers...

At first, I have to say it wasn't possible to make Recover DVD's from my notebook... Don't ask me why because I do not really know.

Today after uninstall Norton AVG and some other drivers, my Sony said me the

C:\System 32\Config\System

was missing and ned my XP DVD bootable to repair it. Any DVD was sold with my Sony so I decided to install XP Professionnal to get access to the web VERY quickly ! Other solutions tried aborted of course...

My problem is :

now I have got two XP and my notebook is not recognized as a Sony, how could I make to recover my Sony drivers ? In the webstore, although there were many of preinstalled drivers, I didn't find Sony Entertainment Platform and may be other ones (?!).to install Vaio Zone, Media, and so on. How could I get back all of them for sure ?

Thanks for the response. By the way, my notebook is a good stuff !!!

Kind regards, XA.

4 REPLIES 4
starion
Visitor

hi there
check the support/download section - there are a lot of original drivers to download (at least for my vaio fe31m (here is the link to the austrian site)
servus from vienna

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Xavier Vincent

As starion has mentioned you can download the pre-installed Driver & Utilities for your Vaio from Vaio-Link, unfortunately you are not able to download Vaio Zone, Media, and so on..

This can be done, depending on what model Vaio you have, by pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process and allow you to recover your Vaio back to factory settings..

If that does not work, you could if you wish, contact Vaio-Link and purchase a new set of recovery DVD's..:smileysad:

XavierVincent
Visitor

Your short message whitch advised me to click on F10 made me allowed to recover entirely my VAIO config. Surely it is not the best for some experts but it works... BOOUUUH

To sell my Sony ??! NEVER...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for your feedback.. :slight_frown:

if you still wish to remove Norton, here is a link to the Norton removal tool .. :slight_smile: