Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery discs problem

profile.country.en_GR.title
mabroko
Visitor

Recovery discs problem

Hellow, i just bought Vaio VPCEA2S1E/L. I made all the updates to windows 7 (one night), and to sony update (many hours). Now i am trying to make the recovery discs. Here i have a big problem. When i use either 2 DVD Dual Layer, either 3 Dvd -R (TDK) , the result is the same: After the first Recovery Dvd is ready, the machine asks for the second one. But when i place the second Dvd the tray opens and a dialog box says ERROR 750, recovery discs couldn't be created. Restart your system and try again. I have done this 4 t=times, with the same result every time.

I contacted sony suport and have mentioned the issue.

First a guy told me to make a copy of a movie to see if everything is ok with my dvd drive. I have done it and everything is Ok. I also made a hardware diagnostic with recovery center (another night) and everything was fine.

I called again, another guy told me to make a full backup recovery and then try again to create recovery d

"I have 3 kids man, i cant wait again 4 days for windows to get updated and for the vaio also"

He answered that he can't do anything else.

I offered him to send me the recovery discs for free, but he answered no.

But its sonys fault when the machine can't do the job that has to do.

Ok , now, for a banch of discs i think is time to say bye to Sony?

I own 3 sony vaios, 2 PS3, 1 PSP GO, etc. Ok apple is waiting those situations to get more customers.

So lets try Snow leopard , maybe we can do better our job there. Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you let me know your Vaio's Serial Number and any Case Number allocated by Vaio Support, I will see what I can find out.

Most people do not use DL discs - the favorite is DVD+R from Sony, TDK or Verbatim.  I think the specs for your machine also ask for less than 8X discs.  But the error sounds like it is a system problem.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GR.title
mabroko
Visitor

MODEL: VPCEA2S1E/L   SERIAL:27529056-5000080  CASE:5056621