Join now - be part of our community!

RECOVERY DISKS

xiximora
Visitor

RECOVERY DISKS

Hey guys,

I have bought a new sony vaio laptop few weeks ago, which did not come with a recovery dvd. It prompt me to create them at the beginning, once i've started the computer for the 1st time. I did that, however i have discovered that second DVD was made faulty in the process.

In addition, after mocking up the system with Linux, I now require to re-install the whole system from scratch, but the 2nd dvd wouldn't work.

Can you tell me where can I get the copy of such recovery disk. Do I have to request it from sony, download it, buy it?

thanks.

Serge

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Serge and welcome to Club Vaio.

You don't say which model Vaio you own but you can usually buy a replacement Recovery Disc Set from Sony for about £30. Phone them here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/contacts/contacts.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&tp=vaio

There is one other thing to try if your Hard Drive Recovery Partition is still intact: -

1. Connect to the Mains electricity.
2. Turn on your Vaio.
3. As soon as you see the first black screen with the Vaio Logo, tap F10 repeatedly.

This should start the Recovery Utility where you can choose a full System Recovery.

:wink: