Join now - be part of our community!

RECOVERY DISKS

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jomacava
Explorer

RECOVERY DISKS

Where / how can I get a VAIO GRT 800 Series Documentation & Recovery Disk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jomacava,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

What is your exact GRT model as you should be able to find user guide on the vaio support site - VAIO After-Sales Support

As to recovery disc's....

You may be able to purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jomacava,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

What is your exact GRT model as you should be able to find user guide on the vaio support site - VAIO After-Sales Support

As to recovery disc's....

You may be able to purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

profile.country.en_GB.title
jomacava
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.

Documentation : I know, I have that on the notebook itself, which is a GRT816S. I have also downloaded a PDF version of the Hardware and Software Guides.

Recovery ; I have been through the various stages that you mentioned at Sony Support Europe, and as the notebook is out of warranty, it appears so far at least that no such disks are now available from them. However, I note the telephone number that you give, which I have not tried so far.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, hope all goes well..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.da_DK.title
Crazymonkey-dk
Visitor

I will send the reperationen case number when i get home, but i did not update well. It cannot update anything, not drivers, not program or anything. Its pop up with a dialog box, and say that thcere are an error. But i have contactet the danish support, and are trying to figure it out :wink: