Vienna-1
Visitor

Recovery DVD ?

I have formatet my notebook.
How can i get my Windows XP back???

22 REPLIES 22
TygerTyger
Visitor

You will either have been provided with a recovery disk, have been required to create recovery disks of your own or the computer will have had a hidden recovery partition which probably is now gone if you did a complete format.

See your manual for which your computer should have had. I think you might be somewhat in trouble unless you were provided with a premade disk, but that's rare and you won't be able to create any if you have formatted your computer.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Better get in touch with Sony. Numbers here

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Someone on here said if you press F10 during boot the recovery console on the hidden partition loads

seb21__
Visitor

good to hear:smileyhappy:

mvanwambeke
Visitor

yep , and you can rapidly check if the partition is still on there ,
just check if you are missing about 7 Gig on the HDD in windows.

HITS-UK
Visitor

Can someone add a new forum called FAQ which allows those of us giving support to add sticky notes for all to read. We get one hell of a lot of repeats and I am sure that KL and the other geniuses would like a central repository for commonly asked questions.

seb21__
Visitor

Yes, That would be nice. For example the questions about the RAM upgrate.:smileyhappy: (comes again and again)

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I would do it on kee-lo.info but the bandwidth it's going to use is going to annoy my hosts.