Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding PCG-GRZ615G

nayyer
Visitor

Regarding PCG-GRZ615G

The laptop just keeps randonly shutting down. I haad winxp pro so I tried putting everything back as original but during the sony viao restore setup the laptop just randomly shuts down. So I tried installing windows server 2003 and it did exactly the same thing when there were 3 mins left for the installation to finish. does anyone know why? I cant seem to figure out the problem.

24 REPLIES 24
pyongyangmetro
Visitor

Have you tested to see whether you have been infected with the Sasser worm? It, and variants of it, can cause random shutting down.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Clean the fans out too.

1234567ty
Visitor

Jeez Guys, what a coincidence, my pcggrz615M (that is M you notice) DOES THE SAME THING. I Have scanned it using NAV(Norton) and Stinger(Mcaffee free prog.). With both of the programs it shut down in the middle of doing it. I took it to the IT Dept at my school. They scanned it using a slightly more up2 date version of stinger and nothing was found. NAV never finishes a scan. is this something to do with the model, and could it be fixed by SONY or could it be another major virus/worm/trojan??? ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP US INCLUDING THE SITE ADMINS. WE NEED HELP!!!:smileyangry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: by the way, are we still emailed if a reply is posted? I cannot take my laptop apart by the way, i am not allowed to cos of the shops insurance policy.

kee-lo_

How long have you had it Harry?
I think that model gets clogged up too easy.

1234567ty
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo, About a year and i keep it in a case.

kee-lo_

Hmmmm
If it's just within warranty I would speak to Sony about having a repair.

1234567ty
Visitor

Oh Bu**er it, i dont want the hassle! Oh well, i suppose its my only option. Is there any possibility of it being a virus?

kee-lo_

Well it seems to be happeneing to a lot of people with the same model so it would have to be a coincidence.

1234567ty
Visitor

Do you think that blowing the dust out through the vent would work enough Kee-Lo?