Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding PCG-GRZ615G

nayyer
Visitor

Regarding PCG-GRZ615G

The laptop just keeps randonly shutting down. I haad winxp pro so I tried putting everything back as original but during the sony viao restore setup the laptop just randomly shuts down. So I tried installing windows server 2003 and it did exactly the same thing when there were 3 mins left for the installation to finish. does anyone know why? I cant seem to figure out the problem.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Good news that you're covered.

nayyer
Visitor

i have managed to reinstall win xp and installed all sony utlities and drivers and am using win xp pro. i think the laptop gets overheated after a while which is why it shuts down. There is probably a fan in there which stopped working. Good thing I'm covered cos I'm phoning sony today for repair.

1234567ty
Visitor

Hi Guys, me again. Just to say that my GRZ615M gets very hot on the bottom after being on for half an hour, and is really slow when opening things, could this problem be related.

nayyer
Visitor

it mite be related to getting really hot. Really, it shouldn't get hot but my laptop gets boiling hot from the bottom after 30mins or so. This is definitely a hardware problem.

The program running slow might also be related to lots of programs being installed on your laptop and lots of programs running at the same time. I dont run many programs at the same time on the laptop and i dont run many programs at windows startup either cos it really slows your laptop down. If your laptop is getting really really hot like mine i suggest you have it checked with sony. To control what programs you want starting up when windows starts I suggest you use WinXP Manager or any other good program you can find.

If your laptop is not under warranty anymore I suggest you have it checked by someone else and see if everything is fine and give it a good cleaning from the inside. And then upgrade your memory. Your laptop should speed up.

1234567ty
Visitor

Thanx nayyer. My laptop has always been hot, ever since i bought it, could it be a hardware fault or not. everything seems to work fine.