Join now - be part of our community!

region code !!! MAYBE

sbaiti
Visitor

region code !!! MAYBE

hey guys , I ve a little problem here ..I ve just bought a Data DVD from the US ..not video nor audio ..I just cant read it ..
I tried to dwonload program: rippers , any dvd, ghost ...nothing helped .......I tried also to change the regional code of my driver from device manager ...in vain ...the dvd is working in other PCs..and my driver works with other dvds.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the explorer cant even detect the DVD in the driver .!!!

thanx for help

8 REPLIES 8
sbaiti
Visitor

helloooo...anybody s home .?? :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sbaiti and welcome to Club Vaio.

Although no one has ever been prosecuted for getting round Region Codes - presumably because the manufacturers say it is simply a marketing measure - it is still not a subject we can discuss on an official Sony forum.

You don't say what sort of data disc you have, so it is difficult to guess why it won't work and what protection the manufacturer may have installed. You don't say what drive and model Vaio you have but if it has a DVD-RAM drive this may explain why it works on other PCs but not yours.

Usually Google is a good place to start.

:slight_frown:

sbaiti
Visitor

gosh thats right .!!! sorrry ...I have :

vaio B1XP ..with a windows xp sp2
the driver is pioneer DVR K14 ..

the DVD contain few folders with .pdf files inside .. burned by nero ( so its not a region code prob, i think)
and I did look in google all the day , all what I could get didnt help...

thanks Blencogo

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Strange - it should open .pdf files.

All I can think is that your K-14 does not like the make of DVD being used. I presume you have tried cleaning the disc and cleaning the lens in the drive.

You could try copying the disc on another PC to something like a TDK or Verbatim disc.

Does your drive work normally for other discs?

:thinking:

sbaiti
Visitor

dvd cleand ..didnt touch the lens ( i dont like to touche my eye pupil as well :slight_smile: )..but it works with my old dvd's..

it has nothin to do with pdf''s ...the explorer ( or the driver ) cant see that there s a disc in there ... its (office depot) as a manufacturer..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sbaiti

As Blencogo mentioned try burning a copy of the disc onto a different make DVD (from one of your other PC's) and then try the newly burned disc in your Vaio.. :thinking:

Edit: Evening Blencogo.. :slight_smile:

sbaiti
Visitor

Yea thats fair ...I ll do that later ..cant knock on my neighbour's door now :thinking: I was just astonished that may sweet vaio is so picky..

thatks you all, Blencogo and Thalamus
have a nice day

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Defo a problem with either:

1) The disk
2) The drive, but if it's working with other media then this can be ruled out.