Join now - be part of our community!

Remote Keyboard from VAIO to BRAVIA - how?

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
ripbitzer
Visitor

Remote Keyboard from VAIO to BRAVIA - how?

I own a Sony VAIO laptop and a KDL-40EX500 BRAVIA, and I recently installed the Remote Keyboard software on my computer. It works excellent with my PlayStation3, but I can't seem to get it to work with my tv. Does anyone know if the KDL.40EX500 model is compatible with Remote Keyboard? And if it is, how do I make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ripbitzer,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately you can not currently connect a keyboard to a Bravia TV..:smileysad:

There are some mobile phone apps they may help though..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
scranen
Visitor

Same problem here. Trying to connect a VPCF13 to a KDL-40NX700. I can stream to the TV with Windows Media Player, so my connection with the TV is fine. The remote keyboard application however does not detect it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ripbitzer,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately you can not currently connect a keyboard to a Bravia TV..:smileysad:

There are some mobile phone apps they may help though..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
RawknRawl
Visitor

Please can someone read the question properly before answering.

We are asking if the Sony Remote Keyboard App on a Sony VAIO can connect to a Bravia TV over a home network. The software says it can, but never detects the television. Is there a software upgrade that can be to either the TV or VAIO.

I have a Bravia KDL 46 inch TV and a VPCF1 Vaio Laptop both connected on the same network subnet.

profile.country.da_DK.title
ripbitzer
Visitor

Sorry for the late reply - as RawknRawl says, I'm talking about Remote Keyboard App and not a physical keyboard.
My laptop and tv is connected to the samen network, and I can find my tv through 'device manager', but the app doesn't seem to detect it at all.

Message was edited by: ripbitzer

Message was edited by: ripbitzer