Join now - be part of our community!

Remove or not to remove (the battery)

MoldCAD
Visitor

Remove or not to remove (the battery)

My new Vaio VGN-AR51SU is not my first laptop, but I never cared for the previous ones so much...Hence the silly question: assuming it's gonna be used as a desktop with mains power supply for 95% of the time, is it better fro the battery to remove it? I'm afraif that the constant charging the battery will shorten its lifetime... Or is it OK to leave it in (the advandage being it acts as the UPS).

3 REPLIES 3
anneke2001
Visitor

I have the same question!

Apart from that I would like to know if there exists another battery with more capacity. I have the newest Sony Vaio and I am a little bit dissappointed that the battery only helds for less than 2 hours. Even though I selectioned a battery saving programm. (Vaio ultim battery)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi MoldCAD,

You'll probably have conflicting replies, however you may find these sites on How to prolong lithium-based batteries and If I remove the battery & run from a power source will it lengthen battery life? of interest.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Apart from that I would like to know if there exists another battery with more capacity.

Hi anneke2001,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

What vaio model do you have.. :thinking:

Sony probably do have an extended Battery for your Vaio, have you had a look at the accessories listed for your vaio model on the Sony style site, link HERE .