Join now - be part of our community!

replacing a cd/dvd drive in my PCV RX514

efiste2
Visitor

replacing a cd/dvd drive in my PCV RX514

i have had to "adapt " the front of my SONY replacement DVD burner due to the fact it wont fit into my SONY VAIO PCV-RX514 desktop. the new drive fronts wont accept the existing plastic fronts that match the casing of the vaio. does anyone know if SONY produce an adaptor front or anything similar to accomodate this, or does it mean that if i have to replace another drive on the machine i will have to "adapt" another drive front. by "adapt" i mean i have had to CUT a wider aperture in the removable front pieces so that the bigger VAO design fits. can anyone offer any advice

1 REPLY 1
midemmo
New

Hi

Ive had the same problem but when I swapped my dvdu12a for a sony ad7200 it shows on device manager but does not register as a master drive on the udma2 port    it only shows 2 cd roms  consequently my optiarc 7200 will not play at all .  did you have this problem  or is there something you know that i do not as an error code comes up with cyberlink powerdvd and ive installed realone player which has an error code aswell