Join now - be part of our community!

restore cd's

devjipatel
Visitor

restore cd's

Hi all.
New to this forum, can any one please advise how I can get hold of the original restore cd's, had a virus on our Sony Vaio VGN-FS285B abd we did not know about the restore cd 's at the time, we took the machine to a computer shop and they bodged the install up by reinstalling the windows xp home.
Now the machine hangs every so often, I have read some of the post here and on the help and support pages on the Sony site.
Can any one please offer the cd's I have the xp key on the bottom, happy to pay the postage if any one can help.
Kind regards Dev

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dev - welcome to the Club.

You can order a set of replacement discs from Vaio-Link but I'm afraid they will cost 65 UK pounds.

Recovery Discs from another model will not work in your Vaio. If you can get a set from an identical model, they MAY work but no guarantee.

Can you check that the computer shop did destroy your Recovery Partition?

Start -> Right-Click on My Computer -> Manage -> Disc Management

Is a Recovery Partition shown on your hard drive?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi devjipatel,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Pressing F10 repeatedly when starting your Vaio should start the recovery process, ensure you backup important data first.. :wink:

If this does not work then you will have to purchase a new set of recovery discs from Vaio-Link unfortunately they cost, last I heard, approximately GBP60.. :slight_frown: