Join now - be part of our community!

S Video Input Port

DeanoDemon
Visitor

S Video Input Port

:anguished: Having just purchased one of the L series all-in-ones I'm dead happy with everything bar the s video input port! I don't wanna get rid of my old desktop just yet so have hooked it up via an s video cable to my new Vaio. Try as I might, I can't get the image from my other desktop on to my Vaio screen. I've connected the s video cable to my HDTV & got an image, so I know I've got my old PC outputting an image, I just don't know how to pick it up using my new Vaio. Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received, thanks...

Deano

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Deano and welcome to Club Vaio.

With good old Vaio Zone and XP installed it was a simple operation to import Audio/Video and display it on the full screen as an AV input to the analogue TV Tuner.

Windows Media Centre has moved from an analogue to a digital engine and although capture is possible, displaying a full screen analogue image is almost impossible. On the XL-Series you can do this by configuring the input as a Set-Top-Box but you need the IR Blaster hardware. Try Windows Movie Maker or Google for other software that will do this.

The 'All-in-One' models have very limited connectivity - in or out.

:slight_frown:

DeanoDemon
Visitor

Blencogo, many thanks for your post - have tried a number of IR Blaster/repeater hardware devices - can you suggest one that works!, thanks...

Dean