Join now - be part of our community!

S Video

dAWN
Visitor

S Video

Dear all
I have just tried to install Sky through s-video and it can't find any channels. The question I have is: like a normal TV there should (in theory) be a RF style system installed so that any other video-in is found - does anyone know a way round it to get 'proper TV' on the vaio VGC s2 that we recently bought specifically for this purpose?
Otherwise, the vaio is the dogs danglies....
Thanks
:thinking:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I have a feeling the signal must be ANALOGUE for the TV software to work - I may be wrong though.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're right James.

itu-nurse
Visitor

sorry to hear about your problem, i have sky running to my desktop vaio and a freebox on the m1. there are a number of easily forgotton steps in setting it up so sorry if you have already thought of these
1) did you have the sky box on so that it was sending a signal
2) you dont say what software your using if its gigapocket then you need to change the signal input to external
3) svideo is not the way to go because of the pin configuration even if you get it running it will only give you a black and white picture, you will either need to get a new cable made up or go for phono, or worse case a tv lead

it should work and works like a dream on mine... ill check the posts to see if your getting anywhere with it, try and be as detailed as possible with your setup, it help when trying to figure out whats wrong.....good luck

kee-lo_

Phono's probably easier to get hold of.

dAWN
Visitor

Dear All
Many thanks for being so informative.

Do you have any clues as to where I could get a scart to coaxial cable from (if at all) as it seems that the transceiver that I am trying to connect the vaio to has a choice of three leads (red, ytello and white) or scart which I have been thinking about since I started this thread..
I am unaware of what type of software I am running (not too knowledgeable on that, but it is still a standard machine) so I can't really answer that question - is it installed normly or do you have to buy it?
Once again, thanks for the help
:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

scart to coaxial cable

I think you mean scart to phonos - LOL I'm being picky I know:smileygrin:
I will try to get something for you but I can't promise - Amazon and dabs may have something so if you can hang on i'll post you the links.

kee-lo_