Join now - be part of our community!

S1 & S2 buttons (sorry, I know this is posted lots of times)

S1 & S2 buttons (sorry, I know this is posted lots of times)

I've been searching for a solution...

I deleted my recovery partition (by mistake!) before I toasted the recovery dvds, so I have installed a XP home I already have from another computer that no longer works...

Then I downloaded the stuff from the Vaio site (drivers and utilities) but the S1 and S2 buttons don´t work!

What else do I need?

To tell you the truth, the only soft I'm interested in are the S1 & S2 softkeys and the "medialauncher" on the left of the screen... but I've tried installing all the crap and none of them work :thinking:

Please help and sorry for my english :smileygrin:

Edit -> My Vaio is a FS315B model (1 year old)

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi calvin_watterson and welcome to the forum.

The utilities need to be installed in a set order, and for your model this is:

1 Sony Utilities (Installer Folder 1)
2 Sony Shared Library (Installer Folder 2)
3 Vaio Event Service (Installer Folder 5)

Then re-boot.

You may find that you need to repeat this process a couple times before the hotkeys work.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

You may find that you need to repeat this process a couple times before the hotkeys work.

Ey! That worked fine, thank you. I had to try three times until it started to work.

Another annoying issue: the memory stick icon is missing. Where can I find it? Does Sony include any modified icon dll (shell32.dll) with the preinstalled system?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good to hear that one problem is solved :slight_smile:

For the memory stick icon, download the following zip file , extract and then copy snymsico.dll to C:\Windows and then run ms.reg and ms-mg.reg (by double clicking on each in turn)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

:heart_eyes:

I'll have to look for a way to build my own "vaio recovery disk" with Nlite for the next time.

I've my Vaio up and running! THX

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat