Join now - be part of our community!

S4XP RAM upgrade

profile.country.en_GB.title
seefour05
Visitor

S4XP RAM upgrade

Hello,

Just joined the club. Can anyone tell me whether its easy to upgrade the RAM on my S4xp? I opened the cover to check and saw what appears to be the wireless component on one of the modules. Does this just unplug and then connect to the new RAM? Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Seefour05,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

I have attached Sony's guide on installing RAM on a S4XP vaio and also a link for Crucial.com a popular memory supplier..

seefour05
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. The only problem is that I have already checked the Vaio upgrade info and it only seems to show the other module. I had checked out crucial and they assure me the RAM they recommend will work. I want to go from 1024 to 2048mb. Was just a bit concerned about the wireless component and how to unattach/reattach it.

Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Seefour05,

Page 123 of the user manual explains the procedure for installing RAM to both the memory slot under the Vaio and also the one under the keyboard.

There is no mention of a wireless component, are you sure you opened the correct cover as per the diagram:smileyconfused:

seefour05
Visitor

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply. I hadn't actually checked the manual that thoroughly and therefore didn't see the part about the memory module under the keyboard. I opened the cover from the bottom of the laptop rather than removing the keyboard hence, that's why I found the wireless component and assumed it as connected.

Anyway I'll go ahead and order the ram from Crucial. Thanks again for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Hope all goes well with the upgrade.. Good luck. :slight_smile: