Join now - be part of our community!

Secondary Battery

gopisvara
Visitor

Secondary Battery

hay, i was wondering i have now got a wirless network setup in my house, and i now use my laptop not connected to the power supply, therefore the battery lasts about half an hour.... which is terrible! i have heard of the secondary battery and i wannot find the slot for it... where is it and what does it look like?

i have a PCG-GRT915M

happy new year!:smileygrin:

7 REPLIES 7
TygerTyger
Visitor

Well I know nothing about this model so you are best off going to www.vaio-link.com and downloading your computers manual there, all the details you need will be within.

But just a warning in case you can't find a second battery slot, for most laptops a secondary battery just means a second battery you swap over when the first one goes dead.

gopisvara
Visitor

Yea iv tried that but my laptop does not come up on that site

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Your model is on Vaio Link. The direct link is http://www.vaio-link.com/specifications/specifications.asp?l=en&m=1463

You can install a second battery by removing the optical drive, inserting the second powerpack, and fitting the 'weight saver' which was supplied with your notebook. Be warned . . . . the battery isn't cheap.

gopisvara
Visitor

this model does not have an optical drive, would this mean i would have to remove the dvd/rw drive, and insert the secondary battery
:slight_frown: :thinking: :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The DVD/RW drive is the optical drive.

gopisvara
Visitor

oh, rite.......
yea does this happen toanyone?
a tried to download adpbe 7.0 and the dowload frezes at connecting to the server, its got notthing to do with my side, so is it their side? :thinking:

mattbees
Visitor

I thought you could get external betteries which fit to the back and plug into the DC socket? I saw someone on a train with that sort of thing once, it wasnt a vaio though.