Join now - be part of our community!

set up

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
durrana32
Visitor

set up

hi just bought VPCEB4D4E but can't get past set up windows n the touch pad isn't responding any help plzzz...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi durrana32,

if you touchpad is not allowing you to start the recovery wizard & as your vaio is new I would suggest you return it to the retailer an ask for an exchange..:smileysad:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi durrana32,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As you have just bought your Vaio I suggest doing a system recovery..

To recover from the recovery area

On models with the ASSIST button

1 Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Click Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.

On models without the ASSIST button

1 Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears.

If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.

If the display language selection window appears, select your desired language and click OK.

2 Select Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.

3 Follow the on-screen instructions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
durrana32
Visitor

thanks for the reply THALAMUS

did wat u said but since my touch pad is also not responding i m unable to click (start recovery wizard ) any help regarding touch pad thanxxx....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi durrana32,

if you touchpad is not allowing you to start the recovery wizard & as your vaio is new I would suggest you return it to the retailer an ask for an exchange..:smileysad: