Join now - be part of our community!

Should i Create Again Recovery disk on win7 ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nasomme44
Visitor

Should i Create Again Recovery disk on win7 ?

hi

i was wondering if i should create a recovery disk again after updated from vista home premium to win7 ? i already created before on vista a week ago.

i got the update win7 disk today and just update but before i started flooding the system with adobe cs4 stuff and office 2007 i want to know if i should create again another 2 dl recovery.

also can i just uninstalled the preinstalled adobe elements stuff + office trial and installed my own full version ?

thanks in advanvce.

PS: my first vaio and am loving it, gotta go for new soon for my kid hehe.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi natchildcare,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

No you can't make a set of recovery disc's for Windows 7 but you could purchase something like Acronis True Image and use this to create and store a backup image, use the following link for more information on: Acronis True Image

Depending on what you have created a backup of, you could restore your Vaio Operating system, applications, user settings, and all your personal data in the event of a fatal system crash or virus attack to as it was when you created the image..

also can i just uninstalled the preinstalled adobe elements stuff + office trial and installed my own full version ?

Yes you can uninstall those applications if you so wish..