Join now - be part of our community!

Since the firmwareupdate: "The ATRAC HDD cant be used with this version of SonicStage"

Rugerto
Visitor

Since the firmwareupdate: "The ATRAC HDD cant be used with this version of SonicStage"

Hi,

I updated the firmware of my VGF-AP1 yesterday. The player works fine but when I open SS (tried with the 2.3 update and just to check with the 2.1) and everytime I try to enter the "Check In" screen I get the following message:

"The ATRAC HDD cant be used with this version of SonicStage"

I reinstalled SS and the USB Massstorage Driver - didnt help.

Well, what can I do now?

Cu, Rugerto

10 REPLIES 10
Automan
Visitor

Did you install the upgrade from the USA site by any chance?

Anyway this may fix the problem.

Right.
Close SonicStage
Load Regedit
browse to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\Sonic Stage\EMD

If the key IsCheckoutModeEnabled is 0 change it to 1

Then load sonicstage again and try a transfer.

When it asked to autorise the player rather than taking me to customer support it let me create an account (on the USA connect system).

It lets you skip the credit card details and now I can transfer my music again.

You may have to select authorise unit from the tools menu.

Good luck - if it helps

Automan.

Rugerto
Visitor

Well, I tried it with the SS from the US Page and with the SS from the german Sony Page.

The value in the registry is 1 here - changed it to 0 - no effect except that it takes to longer till it checked that the player is connected to the PC.

Im really confused :grin:

Automan
Visitor

May also be worth trying the FirstTimeDisplay key in the same group

Title should be Net Music Store

MenuTitle should be Net &Music Store

Make sure SS is not loaded when you change the values.

Automan.

Rugerto
Visitor

Hm, also didn't help. Titles are like you wrote. SS is of.

What is that caused by? I mean - can this little Update f*ck the situation up that much?

Sony, Im a bit disappointed :/.

Thx, for tryin to help me :).

Automan
Visitor

Right,
It only seems to work if you reformat the vaio pocket from the menu on the player.

Note backup the skin files first as these get erased. Put them back after the format.

When you try a transfer again it asks if you want to use the connect service with this player.

You can just say no as you only want tracks you already have.

I can't gurantee this will always work but all my tracks are now back on my NW-HD1 and it's now restored about 20% of my tracks on my Vaio Pocket.

Good Luck

Automan.

Rugerto
Visitor

Format doesn't sound good 😕 - if it doesnt work I dont have any music anymore - aweful :laughing: .

Is there any way to change the firmware back to the old version? That would make it much easier for me to format the HDD - because when everything is lost, maybe the old version works ;).

AgentSmith
Visitor

It defiantly sounds like you've got the wrong version of SS. I think SS identifies the region of the VAIO as this problem has happened to me LINK .

Try and install SS from the online installer provided at connect.com after registration.

AJW487
Visitor

I had a similar problem after I had downloaded the Firmware update. It didn't go until I had downloaded the Sonicware update to version 2.3
It's now working fine.

McMilla
Visitor

Hiya Mate,
I also downloaded the update and now when i connect my pocket vaio, it says that it is not connected and i am unable to transfer my music, are you able to help me,
thanks
Todd Miller