Join now - be part of our community!

So... Windows Vista is Launched!!! Where are all the drivers???

nurelva
New

So... Windows Vista is Launched!!! Where are all the drivers???

I have a Sony Vaio SZ1HP/B and only the audio driver, (Wich by the way as not been easy to set up in Vista!!) is avaiable in the vaio link site, so where are all the remaining drivers? (ex: Camera driver, Bluetooth, Nvidia Card driver, etc...???)
What are you Sony Guys wainting for??? I have allways take Sony in high consideration, but really this is being kind of lammme... a... !!!
Just release the so needed drivers for crying out loud....

Please users of this forum coment on this.....

!confused.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=confused|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=confused.gif!

11 REPLIES 11
james.clugston
Visitor

hiya m8 i have a sony ar11m got most drivers seems to work ok but not the video when ever i try and do something that needs some grathics it blue screens

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi doubleslasher,

Welcome to Club Vaio,

I can understand your frustration but please do not multi post in the forum, it could be seen a spamming... :slight_smile:

I have removed your other 2 identical posts... :slight_smile:

selacoste
Visitor

Hi there,

I'm an happy owner of a SZ1/XP, and I'm looking moving to Vista asap (at leats for testing during a couple of weeks).

Does sony have an estimated date when all drivers will be available ?

Regards,

smellslikepie
Visitor

Yes, from what I was told on the phone to support they intend to release the Vista drivers in early - mid February.

However, since this was a guy at support saying it, I wouldn't take it as an official date.

baumhoto
Visitor

Hi, if you want the Vista Drivers now, I found out a way to get them now.

Look here:
http://www.club-vaio.sony-europe.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=38992

Of course, you 'll have to try and see if they are working for your model.

greets baumhot

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

From what I can see on the SonyStyle websites, none of the Vaio SZ series with Vista pre-installed will be shipping till mid february... might this suggest that driver development for this particular model is a bit behind that of the other Vaio models?

smellslikepie is probably right, it won't be until mid February for the official drivers to be made available. However, if somebody manages to get their hands on a new Vista-equipped SZ before that, then they could share their new Vista drivers with everyone else :smileygrin:

Great nickname, by the way (smellslikepie)

technikfan
Visitor

hiya m8 i have a sony ar11m got most drivers seems to work ok but not the video when ever i try and do something that needs some grathics it blue screens

Hello,

i'm from Germany, and have a Problem with an Vista Ultimate - update on XP MCE on a AR11M!
The Sounddriver doesn't work! I can't deinstall or Install!
?????? Can you help me?

For your Nvidia-Card Problem, you need the Nvidia-Driver-Version "100-04" (or "100.40"), this works at the AR11M.

Sorry, my English is very terrible!

Gruß Ralph

mapater36
New

It is kind of sad though for Sony to spend all that money on marketing and advertising for the new Vaio-Vista deal and not have an effective procedure of having the updated drivers released on time. More on that, there is not even an effort to come out and give official release dates of drivers. Not to mention the ignorance and unacceptable responses from Sony's call center which I have been trying for weeks to get somekind of responsible answer on this. Windows Vista retail has been around for several months (my business partner kit was updated officialy a few weeks ago) - I think they could at least have the development of the drivers up and ready on launch day.

They did have time though to make a new flashy website. :thinking:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

It is kind of sad though for Sony to spend all that money on marketing and advertising for the new Vaio-Vista deal and not have an effective procedure of having the updated drivers released on time. More on that, there is not even an effort to come out and give official release dates of drivers. Not to mention the ignorance and unacceptable responses from Sony's call center which I have been trying for weeks to get somekind of responsible answer on this. Windows Vista retail has been around for several months (my business partner kit was updated officialy a few weeks ago) - I think they could at least have the development of the drivers up and ready on launch day.

They did have time though to make a new flashy website. :thinking:

I tottaly agree with this !!
All they are doing is making new products and forgetting the old products, with updates etc.
Making the PSP, PS3, refreshing there websites...
What can you do about it... :cry: just wait :angry: