Join now - be part of our community!

SOLVED: VGN-FZ21M Video issues

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
adstannard
New

SOLVED: VGN-FZ21M Video issues

Hello,

I'm looking for help as I'm trying to fix an issue with my mother's Sony VAIO VGN-FZ21M.  Skype (Version 4.1.0.179) is no longer playing video (audio works) and Windows Media player will not DVD video (though audio again works).

Having installed VLC player, it will play DVDs with video and audio.  Youtube videos also work.  I have tried running Windows Update and VAIO Update.  I assume there is a video driver or codec issue (hardware overlay problem).

I have reinstalled the Sony nVidia drivers (8400M GT) from the VAIO Support site:

Version 7.15.11.6760 ForceWare 167.60    60.86.3b.00.23

I have also installed the K-Light Codec pack.

Of possible help, in Skype neither the far end or local video are available with 32-bit colour selected in the drivers. However taking a snapshot will take a still of the far end video.  If the colour depth is dropped to 16-bit then the local video appears in Skype.

Does anybody have any suggestions please?

Message was edited by: adstannard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adstannard
New

The issue with video not displaying correctly from DVD or in Skype video calls has been fixed.  The solution was to reinstall the VAIO issued video drivers for the nVidia GeForce 8400M GT and then crucial change the settings in the nVidia Control Panel.

The following steps fixed the problem:

1.     Open nVidea Control Panel.

2.     Click on Adjust Video Color Settings.

3.     Change the checkbox Apply these settings to all video technologies so that it is unchecked.

http://cdnsupport.gateway.com/s/Vidcard/Asustek/6008117R/6008117R-NCP25.gif

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
adstannard
New

I have reinstalled Skype to version 5.3.0.111.  This has not improved the situation.

adstannard
New

The issue with video not displaying correctly from DVD or in Skype video calls has been fixed.  The solution was to reinstall the VAIO issued video drivers for the nVidia GeForce 8400M GT and then crucial change the settings in the nVidia Control Panel.

The following steps fixed the problem:

1.     Open nVidea Control Panel.

2.     Click on Adjust Video Color Settings.

3.     Change the checkbox Apply these settings to all video technologies so that it is unchecked.

http://cdnsupport.gateway.com/s/Vidcard/Asustek/6008117R/6008117R-NCP25.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Excellent thanks for sharing the solution..:smileyhappy: