Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AR31S Laptop and Vista

speary
Visitor

Sony AR31S Laptop and Vista

Just bought an AR31S for the business. It came with Vista Home Premium so I bought the Ultimate upgrade so It will go onto our network. Unbeleivably after doing the upgrade the BLU Ray drive stopped reading any media. Only after a week was a driver update available. Also Photoshop that came with it isnt compatible with vista and the adobe site with the update is down for maintenence. Why install software that isnt compatible.

there is an optical output port on the laptop but no cable supplied and no clue anywhere as to what cable I need. How am I supposed to connect to Projectors, TVs etc
Sorry for the rant but this smacks of rushing out machines when they are clearly not ready for the market

6 REPLIES 6
Yturralde
Visitor

I also bought a Sony AR31S less tha a month ago, it also came with Vista. I had lots of problems since Vista does'nt support almost anything I use in my work (Like Cinema 4D). I had to install (painfully) Windows XP, now it runs the programs but I lost Sony drivers (I can't read Blue Ray) and utilities. Sad :thinking:
Good luck

fellapb
Visitor

hi fella,

I upgraded as well, what you have to do after you upgrade is remove the device that does not work in device manager, then restart the laptop, It should find the device, then you have to use your recovery disk to reinstall the drivers for that device.

I had same problem with sound card

hope this helps

speary
Visitor

Thanks for the feedback.
Eventually sony put an updated driver on the system and it now works ok
Still cant beleive that anybody would release hardware to the public with so many known compatability issues.
Thats big corporate attitude for you

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's a sweet machine though, just a shame it has to have Vista, but the possabilities are endless so you could have Vista, XP or Linux

haal-kh98
Visitor

Hi folks,

I was planning to buy AR31M, but after your complaints and the incompatibility issues (since its preinstalled with vista), i think i'll switch to the BX series, dont know yet, although the AR series cool and powerful machine.

kee-lo_

The AR31S is a good buy