Join now - be part of our community!

Sony lying to customers

andrewcusack
Explorer

Sony lying to customers

Dear Sony and Community,

After my recent dealings with Sony I thought I'd share my experience with you in the hope Sony can take the appropriate action and Sony customers are aware of Sony behaviour.

I wanted to purchase a Sony Fit laptop but was concerned about various reviews that said the fan was noisy during use, even when idle.   So I spoke to Sony and was assured by their sales team the fan noise problem had been fixed in the latest version, so I went ahead and purchased the laptop on this advise.

I received the laptop and it is immedialtly apparant the fan noise problem has not been fixed.   I downloaded all available updates and even reinstalled the laptop to try and resolve.   I even registered a support call with Sony which after 5 days I still haven't had a response.   So the laptop is being returned.

But what I find unforgivable is that even today if you ask a Sony sales representative about the fan noise issue they are stating as a fact the issue has been resolved.   When i questioned the rep about this they said the Sony product engineers have said this.   it is a complete lie and is misleading honest customers like myself that would have not parted with £1,400 for a laptop that isn't as described.

So please Sony, until you have really fixed the fan noise problem please stop telling customers it is fixed in the hope they don't notice and don't return the laptop for a refund.

As a business owner and personal consumer I could never buy from Sony again due to a) interior product b) misleading information from Sony Sales c) No professional support process.

I have saved all transcripts of my talks with Sony sales staff (even one from today) where they are saying the fan noise is fixed.   I even called Sony to discuss my concerns with them and was told someone would call me back; still no call or email, they clearly don't care.

5 REPLIES 5
Liverm0re
New

I had the same problem with my new Vaio Pro 13 in the beginning. I was able to repair this issue by deleting all McAfee-programs that are pre-installed with your new Sony laptop. Secondly I changed the CPU performance to "Silent" from Vaio Control Center.

I've also heard that this fan problem is a cause of Windows updating itself.

Not guaranteeing these tips to help you but they have helped me. I've been very pleased with my Vaio :slight_smile:

andrewcusack
Explorer

I done the same thing but it made no difference to me.   

What is the point of having a top spec laptop and then changing the CPU performance to Silent mode, which takes away all the technology you've paid for?   It's like buying a fast car and not leaving 2nd gear.   If the AV is causing the problem, then why are Sony shipping it when it damages their product?

I also owned a Yoga 2 Pro which did not suffer with the fan noise and the spec and OS is exactly the same.   

My complaint is being lied to by Sony about the issue and the subsequent evasion of support (they could have suggested I removed the AV and put into Silent mode).   If they were honest about the fan noise I wouldn't have bought one and never had to waste my time.

You sound like you work for Sony :wink:

I had exactly the same issue. 

They are set of liars. And there customer service is disgracefull. They are so arrogant. 

Where do you set the Vaio care to 'silent'

I opened mine up and couldn't see an option for that....

Thanks 

andrewcusack
Explorer

so i just get a call from Sony support saying they are sorry that there is a problem with the fan noise.   I asked if they will stop telling customers the problem is fixed and he says yes.

so I go to Sony online and guess what, they still tell customers its fixed...

Capture.JPG