Join now - be part of our community!

Sony PCG-GRT915M and Windows Vista

armorinfo
Visitor

Sony PCG-GRT915M and Windows Vista

Hello everybody, very new in this forum, I hope I don't ask for a question ever responded.
So, my question : Is anybody try to install Windows VISTA on a PCG-GRT915M. I am sure that Sony give the drivers when Vista will be released, but I need to try it before, and I have a free VAIO for the moment.

PS : sorry for my bad english language, but i am french !!! :cry:

3 REPLIES 3
frannys
Visitor

I am not familier with your machine,but have used RC1 Vista.Normaly Vista does install as expected and is fully working.However it is a release candidate and it is unreal to expect 100% Hardware running.The most commen thing with Sony's is that the Hot Keys dont function.Some have had problems with initializing onboard Webcams.These wont be resolved until Sony releases Drivers for Vista.Make sure you have Restore disks/partition made too.Just in case..

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

A RAM upgrade would have to be carried out.

armorinfo
Visitor

Thanks for your quick response.:smileygrin: It seems I have a problem with this computer. :cry: Perharps with the DVD. When I put the VISTA dvd on a siemens computer running under XP, it is OK. When I put the same DVD on my VAIO computer, nothing happen. So Thanks for all.:smileywink: Best regards