Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Saga

apierc1
Visitor

Sony Saga

Hello people,

So following on from my update in my Club Vaio Expert i rang Vaio link last night after no updates after being promised twice to be called back and not being, i spoke to another gentleman yesterday afternoon, who informed mke that all parts I listed before had been replaced, the laptop had been moved to the end of line for testing, upon where it came up with a blue screen and hence failed it's test, so the guy told me he would investigate whats was going on and give me a call at about 11.30 this morning as I will be in a lecture in 5 minutes from 2pm to 5pm, yet per usual, no call, this is rather infuriating me, I am going to call back, what might have to be monday now, and if i can't get a reasonable answer on the progress or can be informed that my vaio will be returned by wednesday I will have to either ask for a manager or demand some kind of loan laptop from Sony while mine is being repaired, they are really trying my patience at the moment, especially with their lack at following through what they say they will do. :angry:

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds bad mate, not trying to defend Sony but I'd rather they'd fix it perfectly than a rushed job.

Hope you can find a laptop for now.

Reaver
Visitor

To be honest, I'm losing faith in Sony. Everything I buy, I look at the Sony brand first but over the past couple of years, it seems to me that Sony have given up on it's customers and is just around to make money. I hope they pick themselves up and look after the people who give them their hard earned money for their goods.

I've started looking/buying certain Samsung branded items now. The quailty of their stuff has increased quite a bit over the years and they don't fob their customers off.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Plus they have an excellent dead pixel policy

Reaver
Visitor

Do Samsung make a laptop? (Sorry for the off topic question)

AliClifton
Visitor

ye i think so, google around im sure you'l find one

apierc1
Visitor

Yes they do, or they deffinately used to, my mate had one,

hmm yes dead pixel policy,

I'm on my fourth Sony PSP at the moment, and this one only has 2 deffective pixels, one is not very noticable, but the other is red and nearly right in the middle of the screen, so is nearly always in my line of vision, I'm phoning HMV tomorrow to see if i can get this unit exchanged, I want to get a black one instead to see if it's a dodgy batch of white PSPs but I'm doubtful HMV will exchange my PSP as it only has 2 deffective pixels, not the required 5.
I don't mind if there is one or two around the edge of the screen, but basically dead centre is not on, if I can't get it exchanged I'm going to write to Sony Corp, Hopefully in Japan or wherever their Main head office is as for a product that costs essentially £150, which is not really cheap, having these deffective pixels (on all the PSPs I have had so far) really isn't on. Does the Nintendo DS have the same pixel policy and problem? Do other Laptop manufacturers have the same Pixel problems? not that I know of anyway, but I do plan to investigate for my letter to Sony, my dell palm top has no deffective pixels, also if my laptop comes back with its new screen with deffective pixels there will be hell to pay because my laptop did not originally have any deffective pixels.
I am just so annoyed at it all at the moment, yes Kee-Lo I would prefer to get it back with good quality repair work than a rushed job, but Sony should keep in touch with the client on how the repair is going, why it has taken over 2 weeks as this helps to reassure the customer that their item is being worked on and that something is happening. Fingers crossed I can get a PSP without red eye, I might even write to Sony if I do get it changed because it's just poor quality manufacturing. especially to get deffective pixels in the middle of the screen.

Everytime i wirte it seems to be an essay, nevermind :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I know - you lose me after 2 lines LOL

apierc1
Visitor

well Hopefully I have found something in the way of an article talking about Sonys dead pixel poilcy. They say

The Sony representative suggested that PSP owners who encounter the pixel issue try the device "for a week or two" to see if it continues to bother them.

So with my annoying red pixel, I think this falls under this brackett? Cos it really pi@@es me off, especially paying FIFA 07 where the pitch is green and there is this red pixel looking back at me. Strnage thing is, I'm on a uni computer, and surprise surprise there are no deffective pixels on the screen. I might take the article in and try and force HMV to replace the PSP, unless they make me go to Sony :slight_frown:

apierc1
Visitor

Oh, and also on this subject, although I know this will sound extreemly sad, I can't control it, last night I actually dreamed about the deffective pixels on my PSP, if that isn't causing an interference in my enjoyment of it, I don't know what is?!