Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Saga

apierc1
Visitor

Sony Saga

Hello people,

So following on from my update in my Club Vaio Expert i rang Vaio link last night after no updates after being promised twice to be called back and not being, i spoke to another gentleman yesterday afternoon, who informed mke that all parts I listed before had been replaced, the laptop had been moved to the end of line for testing, upon where it came up with a blue screen and hence failed it's test, so the guy told me he would investigate whats was going on and give me a call at about 11.30 this morning as I will be in a lecture in 5 minutes from 2pm to 5pm, yet per usual, no call, this is rather infuriating me, I am going to call back, what might have to be monday now, and if i can't get a reasonable answer on the progress or can be informed that my vaio will be returned by wednesday I will have to either ask for a manager or demand some kind of loan laptop from Sony while mine is being repaired, they are really trying my patience at the moment, especially with their lack at following through what they say they will do. :angry:

25 REPLIES 25
Resonate
Visitor

Whats next ps3 in ur bed, possibilites areyour brain has been frazeled due to the continuos exposure to screen resolution. :triumph:

apierc1
Visitor

The PS3 isn't out yet, I don't think if I had one id take it to bed though, I don't think it would offer me much :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The PS3 isn't out yet, I don't think if I had one id take it to bed though, I don't think it would offer me much :thinking:

Last I heard was March

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

2008 :smileygrin:

apierc1
Visitor

Of course the PS3 is to use Blue Ray isn't it? as if I rememebr the problem with release is problems with it or at least with its manufacture. Well I saw an interesting discussion on Working Lunch (BBC2) today about the emergence of Blue ray and another competing system (forgive me for not being too sure what it is) and the situation was compared somewhat to the Beta max, VHS battle of the '80s. The advice given by a technology reveiwer was for consumers to keep clear as we are mostly happy at the moment with DVDs and in general unless you have a massive tv with HD you wont be able to notice any decernable difference between the DVD and Blue Ray formats.
So of course here comes the problem as was discussed, people buy one or the other format of the new devices and then in a year or twos time there is convergence and one system will become basically obselete. So is this not worrying for the Sony laptops that are comming with Blue Ray drives instead of DVD Drives, yes maybe they are the cutting edge of data reading and storage technology, but if Blue Ray is dmped a year or two down the line you will either find nothing is avaliable on Blue Ray or what is avaliable is extreemly expensive!
I'm not saying Blue Ray is not a good piece of hardware, but at the moment it is hideously expensive (over £1000 for a Blue Ray player0 and really it has a very uncertain future, why should the consumer move away from DVDs when they offer very good quality and are such a widely used format.

Discuss ........ :smileygrin:

apierc1
Visitor

Hello,
Just an update on my laptop repair, it now says on the tracker

Dear visitor, your VAIO is being repaired at this very moment

Following parts were replaced :

ASSY LCD (BR-WLAN)(Q)(S)(WHITE)
KEYBOARD UNIT (GB)

Right I'm confused...... what is going on, last time I looked it said that the following parts had been replaced...
MS01 THERMAL SHEET
MS02 PWA ALL (FOR LOW)
ASSY LCD (BR-WLAN)(Q)(S)(WHITE)
KEYBOARD UNIT (GB)

Now what are they up to :angry:
does this mean they have had to replace the two parts listed again?(as in like whats listed is a new repair sheet?) does it mean they have put back in the old
MS01 THERMAL SHEET
MS02 PWA ALL (FOR LOW)?

or does it mean that the y have removed the replaced
MS01 THERMAL SHEET
MS02 PWA ALL (FOR LOW)?

and are now going to put in new parts again? This was boiling my piss, now my piss is pure vapour :angry:

apierc1
Visitor

Oo I got a phone call from I think it was an assistant manager supervisor or something (It should have been the managing director or something) from Vaio-Link, she apologised for the lack of convicion of their operatives not calling back when they said they would, and told me what was happening with my laptop (although she didn't offer me any free stuff for compensation :slight_frown: ) and she said she will ring me back on Wednesday (I think she just wants to flirt with me on the phone really) and that I could have my laptop back on Wednesday, maybe thursday, I wait with baited breath....

kee-lo_

Lets hope you do get it back on Wednesday

apierc1
Visitor

Well I got my 5th PSP today, I changed it for a black one this time, and fingers crossed it seems ok :slight_smile: only 3 dead pixels, but they are at the edge of the screen and can only be seen when its's a black background. I will give it a more thorough 3 times over later.

kee-lo_

Sounds like you've finally hit the jackpot (though 0 dead pixels would have been nicer!)