Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Sucks

nufcmk
Visitor

Sony Sucks

Hi, i've had a problem with my player where when i plug in the headphones only one of them work, sony then told me that would be happy to come to my house and pick it up, then they tell me that if they feel it is my fault they may charge me 37 pounds! Obviously I told them not to bother. I think this is outrageous, paying over 300 pounds for a player and its not even covered on the garantee, anyone else had this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
hldomster
Visitor

Providing you haven't accidently damaged the player (dropped it, spilt something on it) then the guarantee should cover this fault. Get Sony told!

On another note what happened with Newcastle!! I'm a toon fan from Durham and I'm renewing my season ticket next year, but so that someone else can use it. Exams and work is stressing me enough without the mags contributing:smileylaugh: :tongue:

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Not heard of that one yet.

What's the alternative? If you don't send it to Sony it won't get fixed.

Is it a headphones issue or a VP issue? Which one is broken?

Come on Liverpool!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Disgrace isn't it, tell them it was broke the day you got it/you didn't purposely break it.

Try other headphones too.

TR: Yeah hope they win!

hldomster
Visitor

I've been to anfield a couple of times (and returned defeated:smileysad: ) to see the toon play, and the fans are mainly friendly. Much better than the mancs, some of our boys got lynched coming out of that ground, scum! Good luck to Liverpool though, it'd be nice for a british team to win.

@4967457401015621
Visitor

They're not saying it's not under guarantee, but if you're trying to make a claim on the guarantee for accidental damage, which is never covered, then they'll charge you for repairs (not that I'm suggesting this is what you're doing). You don't expect a car company to pay for the repairs when you crash the car! Most companies do this (I would imagine all do), but not all state this before you send it off. Just a thought - have you tried it with another set of earphones? Have you tried it with the earphones connected directly to the unit, i.e. not through the remote? Just an idea, at least you know which bit is faulty that way.

kee-lo_

3-3 Dom, into extra time.

Yes Man U fans can be bad, ask Faith