Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Support? How long does it take to get a response.

ian4c
Visitor

Sony Support? How long does it take to get a response.

OK I have bought a few Sony Computers over the years and never had a hardware problem and therfore no need to raise a suport ticket.

I would add that I own 7 other major items of Sony gear.

On the 13th.November just after receiving my new FE31Z , I found that the SD card reader adaptor does not work. Well, the computer will not function with it in place! and it will not read one of several different cards.

I have not even had an acknowledgement let alone a reply.

A pal had a different make of computer. There was a screw missing on the bottom. A day or so later a man arrived with the screw and insisted on fitting the missing part. You can probably guess the name of the other company

My question to you all reading this. Is this how Sony work? Or am I unlucky on this occasion?

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

If the notebook is as new as you say then I would telephone support. If they can't give you a fix for the problem then take it back to the retailer, tell them it doesn't work properly and get a replacement or refund.

skykit84
New

I had to telephone them the first time when I got my faulty SZ series and I found them to be instant and helpful.
Its funny because I thought my transflash SD adaptor was faulty so i threw it in the bin... but maybe its the memory card adaptor thats faulty in the sony!

let us know how it goes

ian4c
Visitor

Thank you Rob. I sent the report to e-support and raised a ticket on the 13th of November.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you need a quicker answer I'd call them.