Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO A617M runs so Slowly!

JD2002
Visitor

SONY VAIO A617M runs so Slowly!

Hello,

I have a new Notbook by Sony. Its the A617M. Till the first time I startet the notebook I thought , that it's very slowly. Especially when I haven't connected it with the power-cable (when it runs with the accu), the notebook cannt connect with the internet and programs are running very very slowly. Can you please help me? Otherwise I have to give it back to the shop where i bought it. My Laptop is 5 days old.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
stevep-4
Visitor

Check you power profiles.

You can set power profiles which extend the battery life. On my Z1RSP, I can extend the battery (accu) life by running a slower CPU, forcing the DVD drive and Memory stick slot to OFF.

It is quite possible that you machine can also turn off the external ports as well (LAN, wireless and dial up).

Worth a check. Try modifying the "accu" profile and set everything to Maximum speed and performance. Try again and see if that helps.

JD2002
Visitor

Can you tell me where I can modify my accu profil? I cant find it.
Thank you very much

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can you tell me where I can modify my accu profil? I cant find it.
Thank you very much

Hi JD2002,

Right click the power icon by the clock, then click adjust power properties, have a look at the options in Power Schemes & Vaio Power Management, there is also a link at the bottom of the Vaio power management screen to a basic help file that may assist you further. :slight_smile:

Is your Vaio faster when running off the power supply?

JD2002
Visitor

No its not faster. The most important thing for me now is to make the internet work in accu-modi. Is so biazar, when I disconnect the powercable iam offline! I tried it with or without the Vaio Power Managment, it doesn't work.. you still have an idea?

JD2002
Visitor

In the help-file I get to know that the notebook can deactivates wireless-lan when it runs with accu-power. Unfortunatly i just can de/+activate LC DISPLAY and CPU properties in the VAIO Power Mangement. Do I habe a possibility to change this? Where?
thank you

JD2002
Visitor

Yuhuu, it works. Thanks for you help, i had to change the network settings. There is the possibility to switch on the Wireless-Lan using accu power. thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yuhuu, it works. Thanks for you help, i had to change the network settings. There is the possibility to switch on the Wireless-Lan using accu power. thanks!

Hi JD2002,

I was just about to suggest that you look in properties for any options to turn it on.

Well done glad it sorted for you now:smileyhappy: