Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio duo 11 - screen burn :(

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alblack30
Visitor

Sony Vaio duo 11 - screen burn :(

Hi,

I have severe screen burn in (or ghosting) i.e. bright or white icons/windows seems to sty burned in even when i move fron the desktop to Metro or netflix.

Any solution ?

Allen

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
binbash

Hi alblack30,

It looks like this is a common issue, I would contact sony support to ask for a replacement, I presume it's still under warranty?

binbash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
binbash

Hi alblack30,

It looks like this is a common issue, I would contact sony support to ask for a replacement, I presume it's still under warranty?

binbash

pebrere
New

I've used my Duo 11 for over a year now and have noticed an after image which lingers for a short while but fades and disappears completely so it's not permanent and could not (at least in my case) be described as a burn and was apparent from new and on both our Duo 11s, my wife has one too!, it's not permanent and I suspect  it's just a characteristic of the display technology used in the Duo 11.

The reason we chose and bought two Duo 11s is because they gave the best and most faithful colour reproduction of all the Laptops on display at our local PC World superstore. I use mine for amateur HD video and image editing as well as all the usual applications...I'm very pleased with its performance. As for the transient after image, yes I do notice it occasionally but for me it's a very minor point.

Peter