Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio E - poor WIFI/Internet speed

profile.country.en_GB.title
cazymac
Visitor

Sony Vaio E - poor WIFI/Internet speed

This is driving me insane. Bought a new Sony Vaio laptop within the last few weeks (pricey - but thought it would be worth it).

WIFI - what is going on ? It occasionally drops the WIFI connection, BUT the most annoying FEATURE is that it is so slow on the internet. Pages time out or fail to load,

I had to uninstall McAfee and stuff about family controls to even get onto the internet in the first place and then I Installed Norton. Well at least the internet worked....... but it is frustratingly SLOW. Other devices in the house work fine - wished I had bought an HP now :

Any advice - of course I have emailed Sony, waiting waiting waiting..........

Message was edited by: cazymac

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
binbash

Hi cazymac,

This seems to be a persistent issue with Norton, can you please try another piece of software to protect your machine? e.g AVG, Avast or similar to see if that helps?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Family/Very-Slow-Internet/td-p/711169

I also had strange issues with wifi on my acer machine, it was set to use the US wifi channels rather than europe. Perhaps you can look into that if replacing norton doesn't work.

binbash

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Skorpiz
Visitor

Hi

Had the same issue and it was due to bad channel choice on my wifi router.Try changing channel to 1,6 or 11. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.

I do not think the problem is caused due to your Norton product. Do you have a wired connection or another Wifi to test whether it is a problem with your WiFi?

Did you also run a scan using your Norton product? Does this problem happen with all the browsers?

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support