Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio E-series not loading windows, cant reset

profile.country.en_GB.title
Allanmania
New

Sony Vaio E-series not loading windows, cant reset

I have had my Sony Vaio E-series for a number of years without any problems.

My son has been using it in the main for at least the last couple of years.

When I switch the laptop on I am directed straight to "preparing automatic repair" to "diagnosing your PC".

I am then told your PC did not start correctly and given the option of restart or advanced options.

I have tried start up repair, system image recovery and system retore with files in tact and system restore back to factory settings. However it only completes about 30% and then I get the message to say undoing changes and I am back at square one.

I have run chkdsk in dos and it completed fine with no issues?

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Allanmania,

If you have carried out a factory reset with no peripherals attached then it is possibly an internal hardware problem.

A friend of mine had this problem with an E series a few years ago and we went through all the fixes/reinstalls you have tried to no avail. The Hard Drive Recovery Partition factory reset got closest to a recovery, but not quite. In the end Sony replaced the motherboard under warranty and then all was OK.

I can only assume that it was integrated hardware on the motherboard that was causing the problem. As I’m sure you are aware a replacement motherboard is expensive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat