Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Fit E 14" Laptop not working!

Sony Vaio Fit E 14" Laptop not working!

Last December I purchased a Sony Vaio Fit 14" Laptop (Model: SVF1421L1E) for myself.

Very happy with the laptop up until 2 weeks ago when it just stopped working.  It wouldn't turn on, charge or turn on with the battery removed and connected straight to the mains via the charger.  I searched online for suggested fixes for similar issues with laptops. After attempting all the suggested fixes to no success I decided to get the professional in.

I managed to take it into a Sony Centre in Edinburgh where I was told that there was a problem with the laptop and not the charger/battery/connection and was told I would have to send it away to get fixed.

So here we are now, which is where I have hit a bit of a wall.  On the Support page at the Repair and Warranty section it asked you to enter your Serial Number.  I found this on the underside of the laptop once the battery was removed.  But after entering it into the 2 boxes, box A turns red and won't let me validate my laptop.

Anyone with any suggestions, tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi NeilFrank22,

Please let me know (via PM) the serial number as provided by Vaio Control Center > System Information and I will pass this problem on to Sony Support with the hope that they can resolve the issue.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi NeilFrank22,

Support has corrected your serial number registration which apparently never happened on 1st connection to the internet and probably explains why you were blocked from making a repair. You should now be able to proceed with logging a repair. Can you please confirm that this is the case?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
smart2014
Explorer

Hi there

Please try to check if there are some programs to prevent your notebook from using the market batteries.
--------------------------------------------------------
Example: some sony batteries.
If you use windows XP/2000/2003... OS, you need to disable the program call " ISBMgr.exe", because this programs prevent sony notebook from using the market batteries, and always keeps on saying the battery is not compatible and need to hibernate
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any problem, i suggest you find more information from google

Edit to remove commercial link.