Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Fw21M Volume Hotkey/S1 Button Problem

Billo1187
Visitor

Sony Vaio Fw21M Volume Hotkey/S1 Button Problem

Hi all, just received my first ever vaio (fw21m) through the post, laptop is ace but just got one little niggle, would be great if anyone could help me out!

When I want to change volume using the hotkeys or press the S1 button to get to the Dolby control centre, I get a bleep from the computer to show me how loud the volume is! This is getting really annoying, especially when I'm in the middle of watching a film. Anybody got any ideas how to turn it off?????

Cheers, billo1187

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi billo1187,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

The bleep sound you are referring to is called pi.wav, this can usually be found in C > Program Files > Sony > VAIO Event Service.

Instead of simply deleting the pi.wav file I would suggest renaming the .wav file extension to something else . Then if ever you want to restore the bleep sound you can just change the name back. :slight_smile:

If you can not find the file in Vaio event service try doing a system search for pi.wav.

hugpache
New

Hi billo1187,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

The bleep sound you are referring to is called pi.wav, this can usually be found in C > Program Files > Sony > VAIO Event Service.

Instead of simply deleting the pi.wav file I would suggest renaming the .wav file extension to something else . Then if ever you want to restore the bleep sound you can just change the name back. :slight_smile:

If you can not find the file in Vaio event service try doing a system search for pi.wav.

Sorry for being slightly off-topic but Thalamus would u say that something is wrong with the Event Service if I told you my VAIO refuses to change display brightness and doesn't show that pop-up when you change volume?

My CS shipped with Vista 32 which I don't really like so I formatted, installed Vista 64 and had to find all the drivers and Sony applications by myself.. I posted in the portuguese forum about that but didn't get an answer yet.

(I've attached the screenshot showing which VAIO utilities I've got installed)