Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO Hard drive change w/o VAIO software

profile.country.GB.title
AmIDoneWithThis
New

SONY VAIO Hard drive change w/o VAIO software

ny vaio hard drive crashed once and repaired (changed to SDD) it at at a 3rd party repair shop since the laptop isnt under waranty anymore but when I got it back, the Vaio system wasnt fully functional (cant use 2nd function on keyboard/ bluetooth/ assist, vaio care, etc.).

Went to sony service center, counter guy said will charge $60 but cant confirm if will work since hard drive is not original and if cant then will change hard drive which is additional $120+.

I dont have the installation cd for vaio VPCEH27FG model and not completely sure on how to go about this. Is someone able to advise on what to do?

I did try download some of the files but doesnt really seem to but it doesnt seem to be helping also im not sure which files are needed

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpceh27fg?downloads-num=125 

or does someone have installation files?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The 3rd party repair shop seem to have only done half of the job! It is a bit late to say how important it is to burn a set of Recovery Discs before the HDD goes bang! Or, better still, make a ‘mirror’ of your hard drive if converting to a SSD.

If I were you, I would install the ‘Shared Library’, the ‘Notebook Utilities’ and the ‘SFEP Driver’ - these are at the very bottom of the list of downloads - then open ‘Device Manager’ and see how many warning symbols are showing and then look at the list of downloads for a driver for that particular device.

Some persistence will be needed as some of the downloads are only updates to earlier downloads. Things like Vaio Care and Bluetooth should be self explanatory.

Good Luck. Come back if you have problems with individual drivers.