Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Pro 13 Power issues

SOLVED
skykit84
New

Sony Vaio Pro 13 Power issues

Hi all,

I have a Vaio Pro 13 which has been working pretty much solid since I got it last week but last couple of days it has been doing something strange.

Scenario 1: Close the lid, laptop goes to sleep.  Randomly and it could minutes later or hours later, it wakes up. 

Scenario 2: Close the lid, come back from lunch and open the lid to find the laptop wakes but no display until power button is pressed and turned off.

Scenario 3: As per Scenario 2, but now that I know it is physically turned off after it woke itself up... I put it in the bag hours after turning it off, drive to work, hour later the laptop comes out only to find it is scorching hot because it turned itself on again!

I disabled fast startup in W8, and I don't think it's hardware related as it is not happening only when it's asleep but even why physically shutdown using the switch to turn it off (holding it down for 5-6 seconds)

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi everyone!

You may find this article useful.  It shows you how to use the Command Prompt to identify exactly what last woke your Vaio: -

http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent-your-computer-from-waking-up-accidentally/

It may give you some ideas to solve this problem!

:wink:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.SE.title
mange_magnusson
New

Any luck? I have also experienced wake up from sleep mode.
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi everyone!

You may find this article useful.  It shows you how to use the Command Prompt to identify exactly what last woke your Vaio: -

http://www.howtogeek.com/122954/how-to-prevent-your-computer-from-waking-up-accidentally/

It may give you some ideas to solve this problem!

:wink:

Saftkorg
Explorer

Try turning "Intel Smart Connect Technology" off in the VAIO Control Center, as it states that it wakes from sleep to update programs. You can also try turning the Wake on Lan off, it's under the settings for the wifi-adaptor under the power management tab.
zeeshanaayan07
Explorer

The link is very helpful for me

watch01
New

I have exact same problems plus my Vaio Pro fails to shutdown - screen goes blank but power light remains lit unless I hold down the button 5-6 seconds.