Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO S series - Order status hasn't changed in over a week

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robclarke6
Visitor

Sony VAIO S series - Order status hasn't changed in over a week

Hi there I ordered a VAIO SE 15 customisable laptop on 27th December, and was given an approximate 1-2 week build period estimate before I paid (in addition to standard delivery timescale). I received an email upon receipt "We will send you another email advising when your laptop is going into production." It's now been just over a week, and I've not received any such email, also "Our factory has received your order and has scheduled production of your unit" is a message i get in my account, meaning presumably that the build hasn't started yet. The order status still reads "Your VAIO order is being custom built for you" and has remained like this since I ordered it.  Should I be worried and contact Sony? Has anybody else here experienced extensive build times when ordering their VAIO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

flogger12345 wrote:

Hi Rob. Did you get any shipping information? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

According to Sony robclarke6's new Vaio was delevered in the third week of January but unfortunately he's not logged in to update the thread..:smileysad:

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think I would leave it until next week before chasing progress.

It has been a holiday period after all!

:wink:

robclarke6
Visitor

Yeah well i thought this was the case a couple of days ago, but an online chat rep from Sony told me the Christmas period would not affect the build time of my laptop 😕 So am abit confused. I'm not overly angry at all, I've never owned a Sony before, and never owned a computer with anywhere near the specs I've picked so just want to get my hands on it ASAP! However the message in my account reading "Our factory has received your order and has scheduled production of your unit" has now dissappeared? The actual status of the order is still the same. So either Sony saw this post and got rid of the production message (unlikely, I know) or they've finally started building it (hopefully!). Still no email mind :slight_frown:

robclarke6
Visitor

Status has now updated to "Production of your unit has started in our factory". Does this mean it will be another 1-2 weeks from now because they have just started building it? Or are Sony fairly speedy once production starts? Cant imagine it should take that long for a company like sony to put together a laptop surely?

iandara
Visitor

Hey,

How is your order going!? Can you please keep updating us around here if you can, I'm on the same situation. Bought mine 3 days after you and have the same status message atm. They said 1-2 should be the time it arrives. But if it was written 1-2 weeks to ship, that's another point to consider I haven't before and maybe they will just send after 2 weeks. In my case 3 😕

If you do can keep posting here while the process goes by it will be very helpful!! I'll guide myself from your order and other people as well.

Thank you and good luck!!!!

robclarke6
Visitor

Hi Ian. Order status has now changed in my account, changed on friday to "Production of your unit has started in our factory". Then yesterday (Saturday) I received an email telling me that production has started and that the estimated dispatch date for my Vaio wis between 13th Jan and 18th Jan. Im very very dissapointed, as I was orginially told 1-2 weeks, which meant it should've been built and dispatched AT THE LATEST this coming tuesday, but it now won't be finished until friday AT THE EARLIEST :smileysad:. Oh well, at least I'm not in the dark about the order anymore

robclarke6
Visitor

Latest update. Received this email yesterday (Thursday 12th) morning:

"Dear Robert Clarke,

We are pleased to inform you that your customised VAIO laptop has now been built.

Your VAIO order will now be shipped out to our European warehouse. It will then be processed and sent for dispatch to
your specified delivery address. A shipping notification email will be sent once your order is with our nominated
courier which will allow you to track your delivery online.

Once delivery has been made you will receive a copy of your invoice by email"

So laptop has been dispatched, presumably from China, but I can't track it until it leaves the European warehouse. So will be at least another week before I receive the laptop
RenukaS
Visitor

I'm also facing the same issue. I had ordered a Sony vaio E series laptop on 23rd january 2012 and till date I haven't received any email apart from the acknowledgement mail. It was mentioned  in the acknowledgement mail that I'll be receiving an email for 'In  Production Notification' when the production of my Vaio laptop will be started, but I did not received any such mail. When I check the status of my order online it always shows that your Vaio order is being  custom built for you. I even tried calling the helpline number but I was  unable to get my order number tracked.

It's nearly two  weeks since I placed the order and I'm really clueless now. I didn't expected such kind of service from Sony. :slight_frown:

Message was edited by: RenukaS

RenukaS
Visitor

I have now received a mail saying that my order is in production and will be dispatched within 6th to 11th Feb. From where it will take 2-3 days to reach UK. I don't know when I'll get my laptop.

grandb3rry
Visitor

Same here, I had ordered mine on 28th February, fully configured Z series, can't wait to get my hands on it but due to lack of notifications from sony I'm left in the dark most of the time, except for today when I got a message saying that it is ready to be sent from the factory. So probably another week, week and a half before I get it 😞 Did any of you get yours yet?