Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO Support is a TOTAL JOKE!

Sadea
Visitor

SONY VAIO Support is a TOTAL JOKE!

I have been using VAIO machines for almost 11 years and up until last month I have never had to use warranty, ever.

I started having problems and on the 15th April I was booked in for a collect and repair service for 22nd April. The courier came, checked the laptop and packed it up. I was very impressed with the speed and efficiency of the service and 4 days later I got my laptop back.

The same courier unpacked the laptop and when we inspected it there were two hairline cracks at each corner of the bezel surrounding the LCD panel. I was not too happy and the courier duly noted the damage on his paperwork and advised I should get in touch with whoever arranged the repair to get this sorted out.

I immediately e-mailed VAIO link and the next day I got this reply:

Regarding your inquiry at the last email,

Kindly be informed that your issue requires further investigation.

I have escalated to our second level and they are currently investigating your case.

You should expect to have a response from them within 48 hours.

Well one week later (4th May) and still no response from VAIO Link, So I phoned and was told that I need to send photo's showing the damage, which I did immediately. Got the usual automated response and again no further contact from VAIO Link.

So I rang again on 7th May and was told by VAIO Repair someone will be in touch to arrange collection. Again nothing after this.

I rang again on th 11th May and VAIO Link have got no Idea about any collection, then put me through to VAIO Repair who said they need photo's of the damage. I explained these had been sent on the 26th April. However VAIO Repair guy says they have a seperate e-mail address so I send multiple e-mails to VAIO Repair and still no response.

I have rang VAIO Link on the 12th and 13th May but have had NO response at all.

It appears VAIO Link & VAIO Repair are seperate entities, but this does not explain why they can't get this issue sorted out, especially in light of the fact that they managed to organise the initial repair and return between them.

FFS We have had a general election, hung parliament, a government coalition AND a new Prime Minister in office in less than one week BUT SONY VAIO customer services haven't been able to sort this issue out in almost 4 weeks!

I have clocked up over £15 in phone calls to this bunch of cow boys and really don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

One thing I do know however is that after 11 years of loyalty to the VAIO brand (believe me I have regularly upgraded every 12 - 18 months) I SHALL NOT spend another penny on ANY SONY Branded product.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sadea,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I've escalated your post onto our contact at Sony support, hopefully someone from Support should be in contact soon..

Please check your registration contact details are correct, using the following link (here )..

Could you keep us upto date on any progress made please?

Sadea
Visitor

Hi Sadea,

welcome to club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I've escalated your post onto our contact at Sony support, hopefully someone from Support should be in contact soon..

Thats very kind of you, they are on the phone as I type, let's hope I don't end up on another escelator, I still haven't recovered from going over the top of last one on the 27th April.

Please check your registration contact details are correct, using the following link (here )..

Could you keep us upto date on any progress made please?

Joking aside, I will update as soon as I have spoken to somebody and got a result.

Sadea
Visitor

So I just spoke to someone at VAIO Repair call centre.

Current situation is that VAIO Repair Centre is STILL WAITING for authorisation to arrange a collection and I should receive a Phone call in the next few days from someone to arrange this. I have also asked the agent for the repair centre to confirm by e-mail re: collection.

I will update the thread with any further developments.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad to see you've still got a sense of humour, and I guess it's better to be on an escalator than a roundabout.. :tongue:

Can't believe it's took you eleven years to join the forum, where have you been.. :smileygrin:

Sadea
Visitor

Glad to see you've still got a sense of humour, and I guess it's better to be on an escalator than a roundabout.. :tongue:

Got a call from VAIO customer satisfaction team, the chappie who called has said he has taken over the case and will be dealing with it until it has been sorted.

I have been told I should expect a call from VAIO Support either today (oh well it has not happened today) OR tomorrow for the collection to be arranged, either way he has assured me that the collection should be arranged by tomorrow at the latest.

Hopefully I should be reaching the top of the escelator very soon, I just hope I don't end up at the floor for "swings and roundabouts"! :party:

Can't believe it's took you eleven years to join the forum, where have you been.. :smileygrin:

This ^ should be considered a positive thing, if I did not have issues with VAIO support I would still not have joined the forum.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Got a call from VAIO customer satisfaction team, the chappie who called has said he has taken over the case and will be dealing with it until it has been sorted.

I have been told I should expect a call from VAIO Support either today (oh well it has not happened today) OR tomorrow for the collection to be arranged, either way he has assured me that the collection should be arranged by tomorrow at the latest.

Hopefully I should be reaching the top of the escelator very soon, I just hope I don't end up at the floor for "swings and roundabouts"!

Sounds promising.. :slight_smile:

This ^ should be considered a positive thing, if I did not have issues with VAIO support I would still not have joined the forum.

Well I'm glad you've finally joined us.. :smileygrin:

Oh and if you are on facebook, feel free to join our page http://bit.ly/Club-VAIO-Experts

Sadea
Visitor

Sounds promising.. :slight_smile:

WOOHOO! The laptop was collected this morning! Also it was the same driver which is great as he knows the "before" and "after" of the laptop condition (on both pickup/drop offs)

I have put some Black tape over the areas that were damaged, so if VAIO CS is reading this they know why they are there for now OR Thalamus you can always let your VAIO contact know about the tape.

Well I'm glad you've finally joined us.. :smileygrin: 

Oh and if you are on facebook, feel free to join our page http://bit.ly/Club-VAIO-Experts

Facebook? me? Naah that is so yesterday! :tongue:

Apparently the new "in" thing is to delete your facebook profile. :cool:
By the way have you seen the South Park Facebook episode? had me in stitches check it out CLICKY HERE

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus you can always let your VAIO contact know about the tape.   

I've passed the information on.. :slight_smile:

Sadea
Visitor

Hopefully I should be reaching the top of the escelator very soon, I just hope I don't end up at the floor for "swings and roundabouts"! :party:

Guess what! The bloody escelator took me straight to the "swings and roundabouts" department.

I had the chap from DHL come back with my VAIO today, we unpacked it and the black tape covering the damage to the laptop were still in place!

THEY HAVE NOT REPAIRED THE DAMAGE! But what they have done is replace the palmrest, WHY? WTF?!?!

I have refused to accept delivery of the laptop, I'll be damned if I was going to wait in another day for them to re-collect it.

I have run out of humour, these guys really couldn't find their backsides if they were sitting on both their hands!