Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio SVF152C29M - Mouse Issues

Sony Vaio SVF152C29M - Mouse Issues

Hello everyone,

About 6 months ago I purchased the above laptop from Ebay, I paid £400 for it and it's a refurbished unit and since day one I have had nothing but issues with the mouse, it's constantly cutting out and at times has a mind of it own.

I need my laptop for work so it's frustrating when it stops working, I doubt I am under warrenty with it any more but I would love to check so I can try and get it repaired.

If anyone is able to offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi CianFoley89 and welcome.

Unfortunately, SVF152C29M is not the model number used by Sony for support.  As far as I can see, this is the chassis model code and is shared by several 15.6" Vaio Fit models with different processors and specifications.  Can you see another model which starts something like SVF1521*** ?  

The best way to check if the Vaio is within warranty is to look in Control Panel -> VAIO Control Centre -> System Information and make a note of the correct model and also the Serial Number.

Then go here, click on 'Vaio and Computing' and enter the Serial Number in the pop-up window and you will be given contact details for Sony Support - either an 'In Warranty' or Out of Warranty' method of contacting Sony.

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/

:wink:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I looked on Amazon and the one I have looks like the SVF1521A2EB.

I shall try and contact them with my serial number too.

ianrad
New

I have the same problem

The mouse has a mind of its own

Are there any updates that will solve this problem

I have only had thgis computer since sept 2014

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ianrad,

Welcome to the Sony Community User Forum..:smileyhappy:

Have you checked on the your Vaio models support page to see if there are any updates available for your touchpad..

also could you let us know what model Vaio you have please.?

mhrock
New

I too am having the same problem on the same model

The touchpad is simply unusable. When you rest your hands on the laptop the mouse dashes around

When you click using the mousepad the curser moves around so you can never double click correctly

When you tap the pad the curser moves around so you cant click on what you want

Absolute nightmare. Very disappointed with Sony

tillymax
Explorer

Bought a Sony Vaio from Laptops Direct about a year ago, Model SVF152C29M.

1: The wifi range is terrible have to be within 2/3 meters of router to get 5 dots up ( my old laptop got 5 dots anywhere) . Been onto Sony and online to no avail so bought a Netgear N300 repeater, now get 5 dots at last.

2: The touchpad as every body says is unusable has a mind of its own. Been onto Sony and online to no avail so bought a Microsoft Wireless 3500 mouse, plugged in and hey bingo the cuser goes where YOU want.

Hope this helps somebody, Its just a pity that I had to send around £ 35 extra to get every thing to work correctly 

PaulC86
New

I'm having the same problem. I think it is a manufacturing fault. Have you resolved the issue?

tillymax
Explorer

Purchased a microsoft wireless mouse 3500 for about £10, it works on most surfaces and is easy to use. Just plug in a provided small plastic gadget into the laptop USB and away you go.
mhrock
New

No I gave up