Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio vgc-v2m recovery hard drive not booting up!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
needinghelp
Visitor

sony vaio vgc-v2m recovery hard drive not booting up!

hello i can not load my system recover hard drive on my sony vaio vgc-v2m i can not click on it when i am in windows i just want to recover my hard drive to default but i cant all the files are working inside and they are all thair but i can not boot from thee hard drive with all the files on it i am running xp home edition i hope this helps thanks jack!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you checked that the recovery partition still exists?

To do this open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management. You should see a partition (without drive letter) at the start of Disk 0. This will probably be marked as EISA Configuration and sized between 8 and 12Gb.

If the partition has been deleted or is corrupt then you can use your recovery disks to return to factory settings. If you failed to create these then they can be purchased from Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jack,

Have you tried pressing and holding F10 at boot to enter the HDD recovery utility?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
needinghelp
Visitor

yes i have rich but still nothing happning apart from booting up intowindoes xp

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you checked that the recovery partition still exists?

To do this open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management. You should see a partition (without drive letter) at the start of Disk 0. This will probably be marked as EISA Configuration and sized between 8 and 12Gb.

If the partition has been deleted or is corrupt then you can use your recovery disks to return to factory settings. If you failed to create these then they can be purchased from Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

To order a set of recovery media you will need to call the premium rate OOW number and have your serial number to hand.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.35 per/min).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
needinghelp
Visitor

rich i did not creat any recovery disks on my pc could you help me find some or i will buy some of sony if you give me a link many thanks jack

Message was edited by: needinghelp

needinghelp
Visitor

how wll i get the disks wehn i call them ?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In the post - they cannot be downloaded.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
needinghelp
Visitor

okay thanks for your help so much :

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Jack :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat