Join now - be part of our community!

(SONY-VAIO VGN-N11M/W)Problem while connecing to Internet using LAN cable and other problems

mkbansal
Visitor

(SONY-VAIO VGN-N11M/W)Problem while connecing to Internet using LAN cable and other problems

I have SONY-VAIO VGN-N11M/W. I am facing problem in connecting to LAN cable, I am able to connect using Wireless.
Also yesterday I tried to connect Web-Cam, I successfully installed Web-Cam software but it is not detecting web-cam(Web-Cam is working fine, i tried successfuly on my friend's laptop).

Could you please let me what should I do? I purchase this laptop in April 2007. I puchased display model from Staple.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the Club,
Vista drivers are likely the problem. I'm afraid you may need to search for a webcam that will work on Sony Vaio equipment. What is the webcam model and brand?

mkbansal
Visitor

Hello,
Thanks for your suggestions. I am using Web-Cam from Creative (Model: Vista 1M). This web-cam is successfuly working on my friends's laptop (Brand-HP, OS-XP).

Please let me know which driver I should install on my machine. I am facing problem in LAN connectivity also. I was not able to register internet connection through my laptop, because of LAN PORT problem (or some driver problem). Then used other laptop for registration and then my laptop got connected to internet using Wireless.